• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worldwide Splatfest Inklings vs. Octolings 7/20

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The theme for July's Splatfest on 7/20 has been revealed to be Inklings vs Octolings to celebrate Splatoon's birthday! Which will you pick?

Reactions: tch

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
All of this is wrong. It's squid vs octopus, and I am choosing team OCTOPUS because OCTOPUSES (not octopi) are cooler than squids.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I had originally planned to rep Octopus as an inkling, but since you gotta switch forms I'm gonna back squids.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Inkling......as adorable as the octolings are, inklings are the originals and have better callouts.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Let me think a bit. People have been clamoring for Octolings since, what what it, August of 2015? And they only got louder after S2 came out featuring an Octoling as a semi-important (at the time) NPC? And then we got the DLC, which not only has probably the best single-player mode and story this series has seen yet, but also finally gave us/them not just playable Octolings, but playable Octobois as well?

No quick maths required here. There is absolutely no way Team Octo is getting sub-60% in popularity. Hell, they'll have enough of a man Octoling advantage that I wouldn't be surprised if that alone allows them to get at least one win category.

As for which team I pick... well, I'd like to win, and I'm a natural contrarian, so I'm wont to side with Team Squid on that alone. It means giving up the sweet afro I have currently, but eh. Ya make do.

Although, the "worldwide" bit concerns me. Granted, I am certain that Nintendo's servers can handle it, but all the same...

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Wasn't there a JP Splatfest where popularity AND wins won?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A bit late, but I did a little diggin' and yeah, there's actually been a few Splatfests where one team got completely BTFO in all categories. Dunno if it'll happen to this one, but I have a feeling the odds of that are slightly higher than normal.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hell, they'll have enough of a man Octoling advantage that I wouldn't be surprised if that alone allows them to get at least one win category.
How does having a big chunk of players more allows you to get more wins?
Although, the "worldwide" bit concerns me. Granted, I am certain that Nintendo's servers can handle it, but all the same...
Did they ever state the matches are going to be worldwide? I think it's just the theme and maybe the results.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
since i am currently still playing as my octoling i will go for team OCTOPUS,i have nothing against inklings though,but i think it's time that the octoling boys and girls get the spotlight this time! :D

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So, let me tell you, Team Octopus, you didn't buy Splatoon or Splatoon 2 to play as an Octoling, did you? So why are you choosing to be on their team? I bought the game to play as a squid, so that's who I shall pick.

Cephalobro

That's because they went through too much, being forced to be hypnotized over and over again is just the worst. Which is why I prefer they stay above ground forever.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
So, let me tell you, Team Octopus, you didn't buy Splatoon or Splatoon 2 to play as an Octoling, did you? So why are you choosing to be on their team? I bought the game to play as a squid, so that's who I shall pick.
I'm choosing team octopus because species is only a cosmetic in this game, but in real life octopuses are way cooler than squids.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What does that have to do with anything?
I didn't buy the game to play the Explosher. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna play the Explosher when it comes out.
Wow you got me there *claps*. Octos are getting too much love rn. Time to show some respect to the og race.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I just love subtle racism.

I'm probably going to go with team squid, as I still prefer the OG inkling girl to any of the new hair types, and that is the core of this game; looking fresh. I do also have to say that I have eaten squid before and enjoyed it, while I have never tried octopus.

Cephalobro

Well, Octolings actually needed to become a very common occurrence in the game anyway and I prefer that it stays that way. Team Octo all the way!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Gee, since when was choosing to demo something cosmetic such a wrong thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom