• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worldwide Splatfest Inklings vs. Octolings 7/20

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I do also have to say that I have eaten squid before and enjoyed it, while I have never tried octopus.
Now you're just making my choice that much harder (yah big meanie)!!

Even before I understood what Splatoon was I've eaten both in a variety of forms. And they're both delicious!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Well voting polls are open. Does anyone know if choosing a team will lock you of choosing the other species from now until the Splatfest?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Yeah, squids are cool, but have you ever even SEEN a squid plushie outside of Splatoon? No, but there are tons of Octopus plushies and they're totally adorable (Like this one)! Might have to go with Team Octo because Octos are just so cute (In-Game and in real life!)

Also, what if the Octo Expansion was so popular that most of the fanbase (like 70 - 80%) already has it? Lots of people I see are Octolings, and nearly everyone had the pre-order gear on the day it was announced. It would remove popularity as a factor.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i wonder how Pearl & Marina will behave at the results i mean i can see Pearl saying something like this if her side wins ''ha see?! squids are the better species!'' but that sounds a bit racist in my opinion x.x though not sure what Marina would say but i think she wouldn't be as extreme as Pearl

Cephalobro

i wonder how Pearl & Marina will behave at the results i mean i can see Pearl saying something like this if her side wins ''ha see?! squids are the better species!'' but that sounds a bit racist in my opinion x.x though not sure what Marina would say but i think she wouldn't be as extreme as Pearl
Actually, looking at Inkipedia, Pearl's actual victory text line for this Splatfest seems a lot less harsh than that.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
You know, when this theme was announced, I had to think on it for a while - I was surprising happy with the playable Octolings and I almost felt like I need to show some sort of appreciation for this...

But in the end, I had to go with my heart. The easiest way to explain this is with something I said almost a year ago.
It - like all great quotes - has only gotten more relevant over time:
I think Octolings are easily the most overrated element in the series anyway.
tl;dr I'm fighting for team woomy in this pointless race war.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm rather glad they've finally scheduled a (NA) splatfest not on the same weekend as an ARMS Party Crash--their mediocre version of Splatfest--now I can spare some attention towards it instead of our cephalopoid priestesses for once.

But I swear this game's inconsistent, implied lore confuses and annoys me at times!

Is Marina implying ordinary octopuses (and squids) are all extinct, right? Then that would mean... all the in-universe squid and octopus based food... well... I'll reiterate again that both species are indeed delicious! ^-^;;

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
What if this Splatfest is rigged so Inklings could win and then in Splatoon 3's story, Octolings go back to their home thinking they couldn't make a name for themselves.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Team Squid for me.

Octolings are cool and all, but I just like the way my Inkling looks more, that K-Pop bowl is by far my favorite hairstyle, being somewhat reminiscent of my actual hairstyle. I've beaten Octo Expansion, but I still largely use the same Inkling I've always used.

Only thing that I do largely prefer about the Octolings are their win animations, they do have some really nice win animations.

Cephalobro

What if this Splatfest is rigged so Inklings could win and then in Splatoon 3's story, Octolings go back to their home thinking they couldn't make a name for themselves.
I hope they don't do that, which is why my support goes for Octolings so that they are able to stay just in case that's the case.

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
There will be so many octoling players that the bad players will cause their downfall. I'm choosing Team Squid since that's who I am and I know how this will pan out.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Yeah, squids are cool, but have you ever even SEEN a squid plushie outside of Splatoon? No, but there are tons of Octopus plushies and they're totally adorable (Like this one)! Might have to go with Team Octo because Octos are just so cute (In-Game and in real life!)

Also, what if the Octo Expansion was so popular that most of the fanbase (like 70 - 80%) already has it? Lots of people I see are Octolings, and nearly everyone had the pre-order gear on the day it was announced. It would remove popularity as a factor.

Of course if this was solely based on which animal you prefer, I’d totally pick octopus, but it’s Splatoon so I can’t betray the inklings. I think in general, the octopus is more popular. They’ve found a way to make the octopus cute as you said. You see them on shirts, as tattoos, and other novelty products. So that may also influence people’s choices.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Saw a post that reminded me, neither squids nor octopodes can hold a candle to the glorious cuttlefish. Similar body shape to a squid, only more so, and with cuter eyes. (Well, cuter until they dilate, anyhow.)

But alas, there are no Cuttlings in the Splatoon universe yet, so we must make do.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Uhhh... Captain Cuttlefish much?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Hey, can I get some opinions on this? I'm mostly asking to confirm... is it true that you can't do splatfests with people of different regions even if it's the same splatfest at the same time? I have a friend in Germany I want to team up with and this is a frustrating possibility. Thanks!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Hey, can I get some opinions on this? I'm mostly asking to confirm... is it true that you can't do splatfests with people of different regions even if it's the same splatfest at the same time? I have a friend in Germany I want to team up with and this is a frustrating possibility. Thanks!
I think in the last NA and EU(?) Splatfest, my friend from South Africa was able to play with her friends from America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom