• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Worldwide Splatfest Inklings vs. Octolings 7/20

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
11-12 win/loss ratio before I got to Squid Queen.....so yeah it definitely could’ve gone smoother. Had a couple of mirrors so maybe team squid is more popular . This game still needs to fix its matchmaking system.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*breaks out the diary*
My experience with Team Octopus solo: a garbage fire thrown into a kerosene soaked dumpster atop a trashboat laden with napalm marooned in a landfill with a fiery comet about to touchdown.

I won't be surprised if this goes 3-0, or Team Squid gets 55~60% in any category.

Slogged my way through 38 matches and lost almost half of them!

My easiest matches were all my mirror matches. Which were a third of my victories. Because fighting Team Octopus solo feels like such a rolfstomp.

Anyway, my final match into royalty I clawed the door down into the 1900s. Before that I was trapped in the 1700s. Why the heck am I left playing frontline with backline weapons? Do you think I intentionally melee with Explosher and Hydra for my own jollies?! (╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \) /(.□ . \) /(.□ . \)
*slams diary shut, leaves to desalinize*

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
Splatfest is always about picking the less popular side. I'm not saying that side wins every time, but it has won almost all of the last 6 or so. That's not the main reason though, its just more fun because you don't have to wait as long for games.

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
This was, by far, my best splatfest I've had on this game. As a Team Squid rep, literally almost all my my matches were cake walks. Made it to Queen in a lil over 2 hours as opposed to the like...3-4. I ended with a power of 2219, and my highest was 2238. Lost around like 6 games or so, but overall dare I say...I actually enjoyed Splatfest this time around.

Getting such coordinated teams was such...it brought a tear to my eye. As well as I only had one mirror match the entire time I played. I hope my other Squids had as much fun as I did. And to Team Octoling...sorry for all the spawn camps that happened.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
being in team octopus i got to admit when i started this afternoon my teams kept dominating and they were doing great just like me! :D but now..ever since i started playing this evening it's like all good players left and only the noobs stayed behind..alot of times i had to change my play style into ''keeping my teammates alive'' play style and this ends up in me dying eventually because my teammates just can't splat nor stay alive long enough to do something so eventually Team Squid had covered everything even close to our base that even i can't do anything anymore,i have a bad feeling that team squid might win just because team Octopus got most of the noobs this time...x.x when my team can't even handle a battle against 3 and a disconnect..then that says enough doesn't it?

this is my experience,could be different for others from Team octopus ^-^''

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, Team Squid sure was the choice pick. I saw a few matches where the Octos dominated us, but most of the time it was pure takoyaki cooking season. (If anything, the real salt came from losing my microSD adapter and having to get a new one from my sister so I could upload my final power pic. I still owe her $20 for it...)

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the results!

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Dammit.

Just when Nintendo decides to do its big Splatoon anniversary thing, i’m stuck in a different country without my switch....

PREDICTABLE

(At least I still managed to get internet though)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Welp. I did the best i could. Octo might lose, but i at least reached royalty, and octo's will forever be better in my heart (besides the fact that inklings will be legally better).

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Welp. I did the best i could. Octo might lose, but i at least reached royalty, and octo's will forever be better in my heart (besides the fact that inklings will be legally better).
i think it is very obvious that Team Squid will win,just with all my experiences and teams i been in..i am very sure of this fact.i just wished the Octo girls/boys would get some more love for once since inklings already have the spotlight for 3 years with the first splatoon game counted as well ^^''

Magitroopa

Full Squid
NNID
Magitroopa
Switch Friend Code
SW-6452-9209-2706
RESULTS

POPULARITY:
Squid: 44.04%

Octopus: 55.96%

SOLO WINS:

Squid: 51.66%
Octopus: 48.34%

TEAM WINS:

Squid: 52.94%
Octopus: 47.06%

CONGRATS TEAM SQUID!!!!

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
just saw the results..and tbh i am not even shocked nor suprised,Team octopus had alot of the noobs this time so i already knew it would be like this.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
I joined team octopus expecting this to happen, but I've always joined the team I genuinely like more and I'm not going to stop, either.

At least I can rub it in the face of everyone saying that this would affect playable octolings in the next game because of course it won't you piece of dumb.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
You know what would really change the results? If they made paying for the Octo Expansion a requirement for joining Team Octopus.

Oh boy, I can either imagine all the money Nintendo quickly makes or how Squids would be more popular.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Honestly. I did like a pieace of ****. my power ended up not even reaching 2200 (I know some guys never got that). and after 42 battles I stopped playing aswell. I was a squid yeah but I somehow couldn't provide enough defence to disallow a strong push from the enemies at the end. That said. I hope that I can increase my skill till next time. I only won 23 of 42 battles and thats really low for me...

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Congratulations for team Inkling on winning this splatfest and showing who's the superior invertebrate! I say this as an Octoling because my teammates could not stop d/c'ing every other game. Seriously, could you octos at least not connect to the wi-fi modem several houses next to you?

I'm not salty at all grumble grumble

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Congratulations for team Inkling on winning this splatfest and showing who's the superior invertebrate! I say this as an Octoling because my teammates could not stop d/c'ing every other game. Seriously, could you octos at least not connect to the wi-fi modem several houses next to you?

I'm not salty at all grumble grumble
maaaan finally someone who feels my pain as well....but i can at least say i reached Octopus king haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom