• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

You know you play too much Splatoon when:

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
When you're painting with a roller and you start hitting the person next to you screaming "WHY WONT YOU DIE?!??"

Last edited:

Raxel920

Full Squid
-When you're on the top of a tower and expect it to start moving

-When you scoff whenever you see someone with less than 100,100 G

-When you run like heck whenever you see a dumpster

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
you got over 400 hours of playing splatoon2. I have someone in my friend list with 500 hours

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
When you have a Splatoon backpack with squid keychains (all birthday gifts, backpack one year opposite squids another [from friends])

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
For all Germans: You know you played too much Splatoon when your want to write "Spalte" but you start writing "Splat" (Already happend twice to me, TODAY. However: I'll keep on playing).

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
  • When you can't stop yourself from making terrible sea-related puns, i.e. writing "mussel" instead of "muscle", "shellfish" instead of "selfish" and "profreshional" instead of "professional", "Yo squidding?" instead of "Are you kidding?" and so on. :D
  • When you own three squid cushions just because
  • When there's a plush squid dangling off your backpack
  • When you say "woomy" instead of "yay!" in real life, even if you're male because you prefer that over "ngyes"
  • When you're drawing squiddos in class/lectures/at work.
  • When you hear the winning theme whenever you succeed at something
  • When you can't stop hearing Splatoon music even when you're not listening to it! Gdi earworms
  • When you're hearing the ice cream truck melody and immediately check your feet to make sure you're not standing on a tower
  • When you adapt to the Splatfest rules in real life. Oh, so you loved cake? Too bad, now all you can eat is ice cream or you risk ruining your rep, ha!
  • When you hear the word "turf" or "turf war" in a series you're watching and thought of something else entirely at first
  • When you have lots of inkling OCs with elaborate backgrounds and unique designs. Bonus points if you've written / are writing an entire story inkluding them, published or not.
  • Already mentioned, but signing: When your fashion is mildly influenced by your inkling avatar/splatoon in general.
  • When you start dyeing your hair in all kinds of vibrant colors because you can't go without that giant splotch of colorful anymore.
  • When you start using lots of dark make-up around your eyes to appear more inkling
  • ...bonus points if you start putting on elf ears daily to take it even further
You know you played too much Splatoon when your want to write "Spalte" but you start writing "Splat"
Lolwhut. Congrats man, I wasn't aware that could ever happen with Spalt(e) because they're too different from one another in how they sound. I wouldn't be surprised if my phone dictionary bamboozled me at some point though as it includes three different languages + custom words, lol. Had all kind of accidents with that one already, sadly none splatoon-related.

Forge-kun

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1430-7093-0253
When you instinctively open your brella to splat someone because they spooked you.
When you begin leaving smol inklings hidden around your homework for your teachers to find.
When your teacher gives you a serious assignment, but you make your calendar into splatoon related agony.
When you actually buy a Firefin Splat Charger replica irl.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
You know you play to much Splatoon when you take your Super Soaker and you forget that it just shoots water not ink

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
When you reflexively imagine Off the Hook or the Squid Sisters intro-ing the different phases of your day.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
When you think about the early days of Splatoon 2, when the Tri Slosher was broken

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
When you start bringing your controller up to your cat and spamming A because you just leveled up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom