• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I got a 180 double direct with a blaster the other day.

And I 180'd a roller about to kill me mid swing. I guess that's cool

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288

Woo! Hit Superfresh with the Tentatek Splattershot! I mostly used the Hero Shot Replica up until now, but MAN Splat Bombs and Inkjet are so good....

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
My fresh Moments:
  • That time were I ranked up in Splatoon2 from C- to B- (Splat Zones)
  • An animation bug that occurred while almost leveling up (Luckily I recorded and uploaded it on Youtube)
  • I also played Salmon Run with Grillers than I saw that all of my teammates are dead and I was pretty much dead as well. I saw my teammates in a group next to the grillers. So I charged up my Splatling one more time to rescue my teammates and (hopefully) get away for myself. Well even If I just managed to rescue my teammates, I guaranteed that someone is still alive. They again rescued the last one I couldn't rescue and we survived that wave (But It was kinda crazy). However Salmon Run felt really easy at first but when I reached to 2 last ranks It really got difficult...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can think of only a few moments that really stand out as "fresh" so far. Most of them involve getting a successful Superjump Splashdown on at least two opponents, which has happened more often than I'd think reasonable.

The other would be the time I netted a triple splat with the Tri-Slosher in the last few seconds of a match as they all ganged up on me. Nothing too amazing, but I rarely ever get that lucky.

speedySonic

Full Squid
I was playing League Battle in Rainmaker on The Reef with a friend, and the entire opposing team cornered us in the small alleyway to the podium. I ended up killing their whole team one-by-one and grabbed the Rainmaker. Everyone used their specials perfectly on the way to their base to allow me to jump to their podium, winning the game. I've never done anything like this in Splatoon 1, and I was amazed that I could pull it off.

Also did this recently:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, this is it. I've finally unlocked all the Hero Weapon Replicas and splatted Octavio for the last time. Considering just how much of a challenge some levels were with certain weapons (looking at you, #26 with the Hero Shot), I'd call it as fresh a moment as anything in multiplayer.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I was playing League Battle in Rainmaker on The Reef with a friend, and the entire opposing team cornered us in the small alleyway to the podium. I ended up killing their whole team one-by-one and grabbed the Rainmaker. Everyone used their specials perfectly on the way to their base to allow me to jump to their podium, winning the game. I've never done anything like this in Splatoon 1, and I was amazed that I could pull it off.

Also did this recently:
And I can just dream of that.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
In my last A rainmaker match, i and my team somehow won within 30 seconds.
It was in the inkblot acedemy stage and the only thing i remember is taking out the oppenent sniper and tri-slosher with my heavy splatling.
My team instantly grabbed the rainmaker and went to the enemy territory, the other 2 enemy's were surprised splat by our brush and sniper user? and it didn't take long before the rainmaker was on the pedestal.

Or in my latest splat zone match, i solo-handely took out the enemy team with the inkjet in humpback pump track.
We were about to lose our lead in the last 30 seconds but i dived ito the zone and catching enemy's off gaurd by direcly using the inkjet and splatting 2 off them with the first shot and the rest were forced to retreat.

Times like this makes my wish i recorded it...

the

Inkling Commander
I just had a ridiculous match in port mackerel rainmaker. I was playing the firefin charger, to try and improve at sniping, and. I mean I guess I'm okay but I missed a lot of shots throughout the night. This particular match was insanity. The rainmaker was going back and forth the whole match, and members of both teams were surviving and being splatted by things they probably shouldn't have.

Anyway, when it came down to it, my team had taken the lead and was holding it near the enemy base. But of course, one of the opposite team members managed to get the rainmaker with 3 seconds left. I backed up and tried to snipe him, but after dealing with my team who unfortunately charged right in and got splatted, the other team came for me. I retreated, but couldn't get away. It was so hectic idek what i got splatted by. But finally, the other team was rallying outside our base in the courtyard area in overtime. Only myself and one other teammate were alive, and the rainmaker took the chance to charge in to get the lead. Luckily, my teammate's fire caused him to slow down and swerve just long enough for me to snipe him as he passed me. I'm not great at estimating how distance from the pedestal translates to points, but I'm almost certain that he would have won the game if I had missed.

Soooo it felt good. I'll end with that, on a high note tonight.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183

This was by far my best ranked match. To be honest, I'd never gotten 20+ splats in a match before so I was pretty excited seeing these stats. The cherry on top was that I ended up ranking up to B+ not too long after (can't remember if it was this mode or not) which is my highest rank thus far (I was only B- in Splat 1). Overall, I think my ranked skills are improving steadily.

Stel (Flan-ik)

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7694-8205-3119
My favorite funny moment I've had so far in Splat 2 was during ranked. We had about thirty seconds left and they had just taken the lead. I knew there was nothing I could do to salvage the match and this Splattershot was gunning for me. When he got close I just stood up and looked at him and waited for the SPLAT! But he stopped and looked at me and we stood there staring at each other for a few seconds. So I blooped a few times and he started blooping with me.

We spent the last 10 seconds just blooping around the map. I lost the match but that Splattershot made me feel a lot better about it ;3

Sciryn

Inkling
NNID
GamesterChris
Switch Friend Code
SW-5309-1214-3521
Ok. I think I just had the craziest moment for me in Tower Control.

First off, I don't typically play Tower Control, and I had just broken C rank and this was my first match as a B-. All my previous games were all over very quickly. As in, my team would grab the tower and never lose it. This one one the other hand was much different.

It was in Port Mackerel and it started off the same as any other, Each team raced to the center of the map and I was sporting my Enperry Duelies as I typically do when playing ranked. I throw a few curling bombs to get my team there faster and we end up capturing the tower. At first glance, this round seemed to be much of the same as the ones prior. We get past the first checkpoint, but this team was much more competent than the C rank fellows. We lose the tower just a little bit past checkpoint 1. This is where most of the game takes place. Both squads fighting over the tower in this one spot, until around the last two minutes of the match. The bad guys got control and managed to get past farther we had gotten. We were now losing by about 20 points. We manage regain control and pull it back but not enough. We we now losing by one point. The town now starts to head back to the center of the map. By the time the clock hit zero, some one on our side takes control. The game goes into overtime. Everyone but him had been splated. Nothing left to do now but super jump and hope for the best. I leap in just as my buddy get splated and splat the foe standing in front of me. It's now all on me to stay alive. Several bad guys climb the tower in hopes to eliminate me, but I managed to hold my own. Add three more splats to my count. All that's left is to hold on. Closer and closer until...GAME! We win the match in over time by a single point. As you might guess, I was ecstatic. I don't think I have ever had such a clutch moment in all my time playing Splatoon 1 and 2.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I just had a great game of Rainmaker, in which the opposite team was noticeably stronger than ours (leading by quite a bit, and this was the last ~20 or so seconds left of the match, it was clear that they were going to win unless something crazy happened), but in the very last bit of the match, I decided to simply take the Rainmaker and take a route I assumed nobody expected me to take: I swam up the side of the right wall in Starfish Mainstage Arena, jumping down, seeing a sniper, but still pushing on quickly towards the left, using the Rainmaker to create a path for me. Mr. Sniper tries to hit me once or twice, but he never gets me, and I don't see a single other player when I slam down the Rainmaker onto the pedestal. :D Everybody was caught totally off-guard, including my team. I so wish I would've recorded it, I felt elated afterwards! :3

GamemasterTom

Full Squid
NNID
GM-Tom
I managed to carry the Rainmaker again in Moray Towers using the rails, but this time i was actually recording :D

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
I was in rainmaker w/randoms and badly losing. Other team had the rainmaker at 15m from the goal, and there was only one second left. But, with everyone else dead, I killed (I was playing Splat Charger) the enemy team member with the rainmaker (who had no one near him) with a full charged shot and pulled the game into overtime. We did end up losing, but it felt AWESOME to give our team a chance to win when it looked hopeless.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Screenshot_2017-08-12-18-06-36.png

This was a magical match for me. To start, I achieved a team wipe at a crucial moment - I play support, that rarely happens! The knockout happened not long after that. On top of that, one of my opponents is someone I know from elsewhere that I don't like, so it added an extra layer of satisfaction to crush them :D Just a great overall performance that made me happy.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
So, I was in splat zones earlier, & the other team was at 1 & we took control RIGHT THERE so their number went up to like 1 +40 or something similar. Our team was at about 30 or 40 with some seconds added & we had less than 10 seconds left. Of course, I'm thinking, "ok there's NO WAY we could win," BUT we pushed into overtime & the other team couldn't take the zone back so our counter went all the way down to 0 so we won. That was hectic, man

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Tower Control
Enemy: 1 point to go
Us: 100 points to go
I was armed with my Hero Dualie Replicas.
I was wearing 3 pieces of equipment, each with 2 Special Weapon Power Up abilities on them.
I wiped the entire team with my Tentamissles.
I got on the tower and rode that thing the entire way.
They tried to stop me, but somehow I didn't get splatted.
I fended them off like they were zombies and I was the roof waiting for an escape helicopter going akimbo with machine guns.
I got 31 splats total.
We had gotten stomped into the curb, but we stood up and hurt them back.
Splatilicious~

Dr Scoobie

Inkling

The match with my highest K/D. There's just something so enjoyable about aggressive stealth.

I had a match yesterday where I inked the path, flanked the enemy, popped the bubble and then carried the rainmaker to the pedestal. Pretty much just walked it in. Pails in comparison to the time I saw a team head deliver the rainmaker single handedly right from the start of the match. That guy was great.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I skipped ranks in S+ >_>

I wish I could skip by 10s like the pros do though <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom