ZA: Camp Triggerfish [RP is closed, go to "Back to School!"]

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@Aykorn, @13thGalaxy)

Lydia blinked in surprise as Deniz snatched away the Bamboozler and got defensive. She glances back to Payge once he was done with his rant. "To answer your question shortly... It's certainly possible, but as he said, you can't use it in any regulation ink battles, so there's no point with doing it... plus, the Bamboozler's not ours' to begin with." she explains

"... Also, we already had one bad experience with customized weapons... rather we didn't have to do it again."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looks around. "I'm...fine...Just nervous...Last time i heard the word camp it was back in Octovalley as a threat to put me into a work camp."

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
// @Aykorn @Lydia

Payge seemed completely unsurprised by Deniz's hostility, almost as if she'd expected it. "Was just making a suggestion, no need to bite my head off." She glanced back over at Lydia. "Now, if you were to phrase it in the manner Lydia did, there would be no problem. But yes, I understand what you mean"

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Lydia @13thGalaxy

Deniz paused, slowly pulling their head out of their jacket with a confused look, as if they hadn't been riled up a moment ago.

".... 'He'?"

They blinked blankly to themselves, before glancing up and registering what Payge had just said.

Deniz ducked back into the their jacket and glowered. "These things are important though! So much thought is put into making weapons their own unique combinations... and.. and I can appreciate anyone as dedicated as Wade enough to keep their stuff intact. Especially when entrusted to me. It's just...!"

With a heavy sigh, they dropped the topic, remaining half-hidden in their ski jacket. "Whatever, you're right," they snorted. "I could have said that better. I'm just going to... fix this weapon and see where my ride it at."

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
@Aykorn
Payge glanced over at her Splattershot, thinking about it for a moment before picking it up. "On an unrelated manner...if I may show you something...." She stepped outside for a moment and looked over a small pond, pulling the trigger on the Splattershot. A laser, much similar to the charger-type came out, and a small blip was heard after a second. When she released the trigger, a straight-ahead 5-shot-burst of ink shot out, but only a hair above normal Splattershot range. "I do realize this isn't legal in turf war, but hear me out. Custom weapons, even if not used, give a sense of individuality. At least, to me they do. If you can have something made especially for you...I think that'd be something special to you. Something you could call your own."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas finished up practicing his singing, but now he was bored again, and not sure about what he should do. Leaning on a tree, he sighed.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@13thGalaxy)

Lydia blinks in surprise as she watched the laser, then the following burst of ink "Huh... not bad..." she muses to herself before looking back to her "I personally have no qualms about modifying weapons. Heck, I do it all the time back home." she says, smiling "I'd love to see what you did with that Splattershot, if you don't mind me taking it apart... or would you rather do it yourself?"

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Deniz watched the weapon display momentarily. However, they simply turned their attention back to re-attaching the last of the bamboozler's parts, refusing to comment or acknowledge. The way they flicked their eyes away didn't look impressed.

Deniz remained silent as they focused on their work, until at one point, they popped a sudden question.

"Pronouns?"

There was still a hostile edge in their voice, but they quickly turned their head like they were trying to hide it. They took a quick inhale and began slower.

"I realize... I need to ask that more, even if it isn't common. I just forget most of the time." They asked again, "Preferred pronouns?"

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
Payge gave a small nod to Lydia, setting the Splattershot on the bench beside her. "Go on ahead. If you learn as I do, it's best to get hands-on experience." Turning to Deniz, she smiled a small bit, trying to make a different impression as they'd gotten off on the wrong foot. "Just your basic, everyday female ones. She, hers, etc. I return the question."

@Lydia @Aykorn

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@13thGalaxy

Deniz tilted their head. "Mines are also basic and everyday. Because I use them, basically everyday."
The delivery was snarky, but Deniz sheepishly turned their head to hide a smirk about their own witty remark. They quickly bit down their smile for a more serious tone.

"I prefer they-slash-them pronouns," they said simply.

With the last parts of the bamboozler fitted back into place, Deniz lifted the charger up to inspect it one last time. "I should probably go test if this works. Least I can do before I thrust it back into the hands if its actual owner."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@Aykorn, @13thGalaxy)

Lydia smiles and nods as she takes hold of the Splattershot, moving back to the workbench. Right before she got to work on it, Deniz asked for preferred pronouns, which confused her for a second "Umm... just the simple female ones for me, as well..." she says softly... then she grew slightly more confused as Deniz announced their preference of being called they. She kept the confused look off of her face as she silently pondered the request.

They and them... plural pronouns for a singular person...? Strange, but if that's what he- ... they want...
She thinks to herself before looking back to Deniz, nodding "Alright, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, Deniz. Thanks for correcting me on that."

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
@Aykorn @Lydia

She gave the smallest nod of acknowledgement to Deniz. It wasn't the first time she'd been told someone preferred the gender-neutral pronouns. "Take care." She then returned her attention to Lydia watching carefully as she took apart her creation. "I feel as though I need to point out, the 5-shot-burst was one of the hardest things to do."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@13thGalaxy)
Lydia slowly nods as she begins to disassemble it "I would've guessed... makes me wish we could bring this type of ingenuity into actual Turf Wars... but it's understandable why we can't." she says softly as she works.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Around this time Zawlt was still in his cabin. He was still on his phone, but he was unpacking as well, "Hah yeah, I could never forget that idea of yours," Zawlt said into his phone, "I may even try it out with someone around here if they're good with a roller." As he was finishing up he noticed three dark blue papers on the ground, "Huh? I don't remember putting blue papers in my bag," he said to himself, "Nothing, I was thinking out loud just ignore that," he said to whoever he was talking to on the phone. He picked them up and placed them onto his bed to further observe them. Apparently blueprints for his three favorite weapons were in his bag: A Sploosh-O-Matic, an Inkbrush, and a Kelp Splat Charger, "I'm going to assume you snuck these in my bag, Eirese," he said to her, "of course you know I have no clue on how to even read these things," he said.

After he said that to Eirese he just stood there listening to an explanation from her and mentioned there was a place there he could take them, "Oh right, I did hear about a workshop being here, maybe someone there could help me out," he said,"well it was nice talkin' with ya, but I have some things to take care of, lata'," he said as he hung up his phone. Zawlt then rolled up all three of the blueprints and left his cabin to find the workshop area.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@13thGalaxy)
Lydia managed to disassemble the Splattershot surprisingly quickly as she looks over its interior components, particularly how she managed to get the 5-shot component to work.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@Zawlt

Deniz, leaving the workshop with their newly-fixed bamboozler under their arm, started read over their blueprint scroll and another document, all while walking. Walking while reading was bit hazardous to say the least, but they seemed to know the camp layout, swerving around made paths without looking.

In their beeline to the ink battle stage, Deniz went by the cabins, crossed path with a student. They looked up blankly, politely sidestepping.

"Excuse me," Deniz noted.

Last edited:

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
@Lydia

The inside of the splattershot was quite the puzzle. For one, the central firing mechanism looked like a peculiar cross between a Nozzlenose, Splattershot, and Jet Squelcher. "That thing took me forever to get together...I had to isolate the important components of each of the three weapons there, then mesh them all together into some kind of mechanism that'd work."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
"Yeesh, I don't even want to imagine how long that it'll take to even try to make..." Lydia says, looking over the mechanism curiously.

@13thGalaxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom