• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
mod approval? you mean by GMs? ZA is unfortunately too unstructured; people just post when they want. I'd suggest you just jump in and start posting since I've already introduced you.

unless you mean something else?
No, from the actual mods of Squidboards. For some reason all of my posts require moderation. I mean, I've already posted something in IC, but none of you can see it because it's awaiting approval for some reason.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
shoot, I think I see it up earlier. I have... no actual idea why that is :T
Maybe go ...inquire about this? go poke an actual mod about it.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Serena Inkwell
You appear to have the wrong address for your character! You post on the OOC(Out Of Character) thread first, not the IC(In Character) thread. :s
I request you post your character here, and await approve from one of the three GMs(Me, Aykorn, or Airmure.)

Just a quick copypasta for you.
Name(s): [Whatever your Inksona is named; nicknamed; titled]

Race:
[What are they? Inkling? Octoling? Anemone? Urchin? Jellyfish? Shrimp--there's a lot of them in this universe]

Appearance:
[What do they look like? What do they wear often and why? Any defining features that make them stand out? Got art for them?]

Relations:
[Family? Friends? Rivals? Enemies? Role models?]

Personality:
[A little bit of info telling your character's attitude. Include both positive and negative traits.]

Backstory:
[What made your character who they are? Defining events and turning points? Where did they grow up? Who was important in their life? Where are they now? Why do they do what they do?]

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Serena Inkwell
Please fill this out. That's what I'm talking about, you can include the picture in the appearance if you want.

Race:
[What are they? Inkling? Octoling? Anemone? Urchin? Jellyfish? Shrimp--there's a lot of them in this universe]

Appearance:
[What do they look like? What do they wear often and why? Any defining features that make them stand out? Got art for them?]

Relations:

Personality:
[A little bit of info telling your character's attitude. Include both positive and negative traits.]

Backstory:
[What made your character who they are? Defining events and turning points? Where did they grow up? Who was important in their life? Where are they now? Why do they do what they do?]

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Serena Inkwell
That's a picture. Not a profile of the Inkling you're talking about.

Please fill this out.

Race:

Appearance:

Relations:

Personality:

Backstory:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Serena Inkwell
I'm sorry. But you have too little backstory. Your backstory is non-existent, nothing to go off of. Not a thing, and we need those details to have even the slightest meaningful conversations with your character.
The personality is rather empty, and needs to be expanded upon to create a more engaging character. Two personality traits are simply too meager I'm afraid. We need more. Sorry but being shy -dreadfully so- isn't enough. You need more personality traits.

If your personality is fleshed out, we can let your backstory slide past. Otherwise, we will need both of them. Speak of your backstory again, if you do intend to write it. I recommend you do, because it breathes life into your character, gives them a drive, a will, dare I say it, but a soul. It keeps other people engaged, which benefits both you and your fellow RPers.

Also, a change with your age is in order. This is a high school, not a college, nor a university. We 'teach' up to 18, not up to 21. I'm sorry, but you need to age your character down a little bit. I suggest 4-6 years down.

Serena Inkwell

Inkling Cadet
No, I have some of a backstory. Im still developing it because I just made this inksona. I know its too little, but I have a backstory in mind. I might need some backstory ideas though...

Airmure

Senior Squid
@Serena Inkwell
I understand coming up with backstory for an OC isn't the easiest thing, but unless you have a solid foundation on your inksona, we won't be able to accept you. And like what Rustic said, you can bypass not having a backstory if you have a more fleshed out personality for your OC.

You can try to apply again once you have either of the two.

Serena Inkwell

Inkling Cadet
Could I at least get some backstory ideas? Ive rped before, but never like this. Backstory... Maybe... Serena was a very shy and timid inkling. She never talked to anybody, but was still picked on. She hid in Octo Valley and had gone into captivity of Octarian. When she recieved what she needed, an ink brush, she had managed to escape. When she came back to Inkopolis, her tentacles were mangled, so she was mistaken for a Octoling. When she explained to the police it was when she was in captivity, they had mangled her tentacles. She untangled them and hid herself inside her house, which was in the skatepark. She was disappointed by the fact that people hated her. She always would spread ink around her house so she could sit outside. She was only a lonely Inkling, looking to be found by somebody, and to be deemed as a somebody instead of a nobody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom