• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

13thGalaxy

Roller Mobster
NNID
13thGalaxy
If you all have room for one more.

Name(s):
Payge (nicknamed Pag)

Race:
Inkling

Appearance: Payge is a 17 year old female inkling (as stated before) with dark blue ink/tentacles. She's usually seen wearing Studio Headphones, Choco Layered LS, and Black Seahorses.

Relations:
Payge isn't exactly the kind of squid/kid with a load of friends, nor enemies. She's just kind of there, quiet but warm if you get to know her. She gives of a slightly cold appearance, but in reality, she only would hurt a fly while in the middle of a battle.

Backstory:
Payge comes from a family who didn't respect her for her. She left her family in order to live on her own and to live as she sees fit. It's just her, her Krak-On Roller and N-ZAP 85 against the world, and she's not afraid to fail or mess up. She spends her time at home tinkering with an old Tentatek Splattershot, trying to make it the best possible weapon for her. So far, though, she's made no progress.

Sorry if it's not great. It's my first attempt at a Splatoon OC. >.>

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
This truly sounds quite interesting to me, I'd like to throw my hat in this if ya don't mind:

Name(s): Gunoy Autumn(goes by Zawlt)

Race: Inkling

Appearance:
Olive green tentacles/hair, yellow eyes, slightly pinkish skin complexion, his tentacles are shorter than average so he normally lets them hang behind his head. As for his attire outside of battles he normally wears a bamboo hat, white arrow shoes, and a green cardigan shirt as his casual wear. When he goes into battles however he switches to his tan work boots, zekko hoodie, and what's in his mind: his trademark tinted shades.

Relations: Alex(father/39), Claire(mother/37), Gunoy(uncle/deceased), Klara(cousin/19)

Backstory: In the year 1999, Gunoy was born and named after his deceased uncle and his father's brother: Gunoy. Growing up as an only child he had got more than most who had siblings would ever get, but because he was an only child that left him with VERY little time to himself. He discovered his two passions in video games and battling as he grew up, and most of it he did with his partner and cousin, Klara who decided to go by Eirese for personal reasons. When he was 15 years old he became enrolled in Zapfish Academy. While there he became more expertised in turf wars and video games, but wasn't too much into ranked battling in either, he always played and fought for fun. He does however to either be as good as, or better than his cousin, Klara whom he's never been able to beat even once.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zawlt
Accepted!
You're on the same bus and the previous joiner, so come on out and let's get you in and settled. :D

Blondbeast

Inkling
NNID
Pikabear900
hi there. I'm brand new here, and this RP looks so cool. I hope I'll be able to join. Here's my form:

Name(s): Casper

Race:
Inkling

Weapon: Krak-On Splat Roller

Appearance:
A pale Inkling with green-ish eyes. Can usually be seen with his Designer Headphones, White Sailor Shirt, and Gold Hi-Horses. He changes his ink color constantly.

Relations: He has a younger sister named Winter who is 10. His parents are full-time workers, so he doesn't see them much.

Personality:
Casper was taught at a school operated by his friend, Austin's, mother. But, over summer break, Austin and his family moved out of the county, and the school came with them. Since Casper had always showed signs of high intelligence, his parents wanted to put him in a school that could nurture his gifts. He is usually reclusive and doesn't typically like meeting new people. In his free-time, he watches hours on end of anime, plays the viola, listens to dubstep music, and participates in Turf Wars.

Backstory:

Casper and his sister have always gotten along. With their parents out all the time, Casper was the only one who was available to watch her. Since Casper's parents were never home to take him anywhere, he lacked social interaction skills. He only had one friend for a long time. That friend was Austin. Austin's mother operated a school, and since Casper and Austin got along so well, Casper's parents enrolled him. There, Casper met many other new friends. But slowly, more and more of them found better schools, and soon it was just Casper and Austin. Then, one unfortunate day, Austin announced he was moving out of the county, about 3 hours away. The school was going with him, since it was operated in his house. Casper was left without any friends. Slowly, he became more reclusive, and would only talk to Winter. On the last day of summer, Casper's parents decided to step in and help Casper. They told him they began searching for schools and that they found the perfect school for him. Casper reluctantly agreed. He hoped his new school cool.

Airmure

Senior Squid
Well its about time for this.

I'm thinking since she isn't actually going to be a student maybe she's just visiting? Also could you hold off introducing her until like later since we already have quite a few people joining atm.

Name: Mimosa Champagne (Mimosa works since Champagne is like a last name)

Race:
Inkling

Appearance:

Relations:
Sister of Raspberry

Personality: Mimosa is very laid back and down to earth. She would rather chill and let go of matters instead of fretting over it, but that doesn't mean she won't take matters into her own hands when she needs to. One thing that ticks her off like no other is people using "them fancy words". She mains the Sloshing Machine.

Backstory:
Got out of her school early and wants to visit Ras.

Additional: I'd like to be able to play as Mimosa since I'd be able to do stuff that Ras would not do. Plus sibling banter is always fun and having another character opens up more opportunities for other people to interact with each other.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Quick question, how do I tag people like all of you are doing?

Blondbeast

Inkling
NNID
Pikabear900
i posted something in the actual rp thread in case anyone is online and didn't see... btw are we allowed to double-post (back to back post)? Cuz I know on other forums I've been to, I would get chastised for double posting.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I'm not 100% but, since you can edit posts, there's really no reason to double post when you can simply add on

Blondbeast

Inkling
NNID
Pikabear900
i posted something in the actual rp thread in case anyone is online and didn't see... btw are we allowed to double-post (back to back post)? Cuz I know on other forums I've been to, I would get chastised for double posting.
Thanks!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Hiya! Before doing some GM-ly work, I'm going to promote the site of a friend.
Splatoon - For The Glory: A Splatoon RP website

This website is a free-for-all RP forum, created for RPing as characters in any place in and around Inkopolis, under the context of a pretty broad "plot" or social situation.

It's basically a giant sandbox. You make or claim a character, then start a thread in a setting --like arowana mall--, then propose a scenario --like shopping--, then socialize with whoever rolls with you. The RP site itself basically functions as a map.

Now... this site would not be ideal for RPs like Missing or OctoLab, with it's existing canon, but I think it'd appeal to the crowd ZA has attracted. It's an awesome blank slate for casual RPing. FTG hasn't gotten a lot of attention yet, but Revan is a super nice person and the site'll be cooler the more people join so... possibly check it out?

The link to it is at the top if you want to explore the site, but here are some things to lead you in the direction.

From the site
Shortly after the capture of DJ Octavio, Cap'n Cuttlefish and his agents returned the zapfish that were stolen. With power restored, Inkopolis returned to normal. The octarians, however, didn't see it as such. The zapfish were the only way to save their homes, and with Octavio gone they were left with no leader and no purpose. Before long, power ran out for the octarian domes. The octarians tried their best to survive, but without proper equipment the domes began failing. Octo Valley was in major disrepair after only a few short weeks. Those that escaped fled to Inkopolis, but were denied access. The octarians who stayed with their degrading homes considered those who left traitors to their own kind.

Out of desperation, the octarians make a deal so that they might have a place to live with the inklings. The negotiations took months, and after a deal was made they began integrating octarians into Inkling cultures. Initial attempts to integrate the octarians were not met with great success. The octarians harbored a fair amount of resentment toward the inklings, and with good reason. The agents were kept busy keeping peace between the two races.

Weeks of failed attempts were finally met with success. The few octolings that integrated were restricted on what they could do for fear of being splatted where they stood. Once they proved to be non-hostile, the commotion died down. The technology that changes an inkling's color for turf wars was modified to work on octolings as well, so they could finally participate in friendly battles. Since then, octolings and inklings have been living together, but everything is far from perfect. With octolings severely in the minority, discrimination still occurs on a daily basis. For some, it only seems like a matter of time before the treaty between octarians and inklings is broken once again...

FTG - Getting Started (optional my foot. please read this like a decent person if you want to participate)

The relating SB thread about FTG (maybe be like "wow this is cool" or something there/I post a Q&A a while ago, it might not be recent)

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Hiya! Before doing some GM-ly work, I'm going to promote the site of a friend.
Splatoon - For The Glory: A Splatoon RP website

This website is a free-for-all RP forum, created for RPing as characters in any place in and around Inkopolis, under the context of a pretty broad "plot" or social situation.

It's basically a giant sandbox. You make or claim a character, then start a thread in a setting --like arowana mall--, then propose a scenario --like shopping--, then socialize with whoever rolls with you. The RP site itself basically functions as a map.

Now... this site would not be ideal for RPs like Missing or OctoLab, with it's existing canon, but I think it'd appeal to the crowd ZA has attracted. It's an awesome blank slate for casual RPing. FTG hasn't gotten a lot of attention yet, but Revan is a super nice person and the site'll be cooler the more people join so... possibly check it out?

The link to it is at the top if you want to explore the site, but here are some things to lead you in the direction.

From the site
Shortly after the capture of DJ Octavio, Cap'n Cuttlefish and his agents returned the zapfish that were stolen. With power restored, Inkopolis returned to normal. The octarians, however, didn't see it as such. The zapfish were the only way to save their homes, and with Octavio gone they were left with no leader and no purpose. Before long, power ran out for the octarian domes. The octarians tried their best to survive, but without proper equipment the domes began failing. Octo Valley was in major disrepair after only a few short weeks. Those that escaped fled to Inkopolis, but were denied access. The octarians who stayed with their degrading homes considered those who left traitors to their own kind.

Out of desperation, the octarians make a deal so that they might have a place to live with the inklings. The negotiations took months, and after a deal was made they began integrating octarians into Inkling cultures. Initial attempts to integrate the octarians were not met with great success. The octarians harbored a fair amount of resentment toward the inklings, and with good reason. The agents were kept busy keeping peace between the two races.

Weeks of failed attempts were finally met with success. The few octolings that integrated were restricted on what they could do for fear of being splatted where they stood. Once they proved to be non-hostile, the commotion died down. The technology that changes an inkling's color for turf wars was modified to work on octolings as well, so they could finally participate in friendly battles. Since then, octolings and inklings have been living together, but everything is far from perfect. With octolings severely in the minority, discrimination still occurs on a daily basis. For some, it only seems like a matter of time before the treaty between octarians and inklings is broken once again...

FTG - Getting Started (optional my foot. please read this like a decent person if you want to participate)

The relating SB thread about FTG (maybe be like "wow this is cool" or something there/I post a Q&A a while ago, it might not be recent)
I am the Moderator on that site. If you have questions Ask Rustic Or me so we can hear your questions.

We dont forbid creativity. but try to adhere to Splatoon lore. if you unsure on that. then read up on the lore....um..its posted here somewhere.
AH here we go

http://squidboards.com/threads/world-building-of-splatoon.6214/#post-72048

that should provide more than enough stuff for you to use.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Thanks @Blondbeast !

So, oH boy so, we've got a ton of new ZA Players.
Would it be beneficial if the GMS posted bios/descriptions of the Triggerfish staff and friends that we've created?

I know Terrence is in the OOC, but it might be useful to get the other NPCs up there now that we have so many new faces (who I don't expect to have to read the past parts of the thread to catch up. Man, I know I didn't.)

However, if that's the case, I'm still only going to post information that's already been said previously, so you still have to ask out about any backstory that hasn't been said yet. (My characters are always chock full of details)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom