• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fact(s) about yourself

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
I had just woken up and I saw this thread on the boards and wanted to post a few facts about myself, just for funzies.

1. I am a huge nerd when it comes to Star Wars. I've been interested in it's lore since I was a tike. I've read books like The Jedi Path and The Book Of Sith and currently I'm reading the Star Wars: Republic Commando series made by Karen Traviss. And yes, I've even played the games as well, pretty much grew up with them.

2. As you can see from the first fact, I am also an Avid Reader. I've read the entire Inheritance series made by Christopher Paolini. Read the Skulduggery Pleasant series from a certain Irish author I can't name at the top of my head. Ranger's Apprentice. A few dystopian novels like Divergent. And even a few thoughtful and motivational books like " Who Moved My Cheese? " from Spencer Johnson M.D. and " Think and Grow Rich " from Napoleon Hill (still trying to finish it).

3. Also from the first fact, an Avid Gamer as well. Though I never grew up with Nintendo, sadly. I have instead grown with PC and Xbox, as well as PS1 and 2.
The games I have are a bit vast and it says quite a bit about my interests as a kid. As you know I have a lot of Star Wars games under my belt, but one of the games I'm particularly fond of is Godzilla: Save the Earth, now this goes to show that I really love watching monsters beating the crap out of each other so much that I rented Godzilla DVDs from my local Hollywood Video (R.I.P.).

And I think that's all I'd like to share and I don't want to be a little personal about who I am, other than sharing my interests in the things I like and such. Though I think I've said quite a bit about myself in this regard and who-so-ever reads this and wonders " What the heck is "Who Moved My Cheese?"?" then I'm sorry I just happen to have these books in my possession and some of them I remember from my time during school. There is so much I could say about myself but I think this is enough for now.

Thank you for your time.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like music. Listening to it, playing it, reading about it. I want to learn at least three instruments during the next ten years.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I'm conceited so here:
I am a lesbian
I love fashion and astronomy more than anything
and food.......
I'm fat af
I like to draw...
rarely draw fanart
but if someone commissioned me to draw fan art I would.
I have 4 instagram accounts
and I like cats way way WAY too much! (and bats aww)

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Time to ramble about myself a bit more.

I'm in a very committed and healthy relationship, though i'm shy to be too public about it despite also wanting to gush about my lover everywhere I go.
I'm an animator in training, and an artist- though I primarily doodle little things for myself over taking full fledged commissions. I'm too scared to take commissions.
My favorite music style is techno and chiptune.
I wear glasses, but I can see OK without them.
I have two 3DSes- one was a hand me down and one I bought for myself.
I never expected to get a wii u in my lifetime, or splatoon.
I enjoy almost any form of japanese food, especially bean paste.
I'm told i'm usually incredibly friendly, but it's hard to get close to me. I don't want to make friends that suddenly turn to stab me in the back, so i'm very selective.
I want to go to college for: japanese, cooking/baking, pharmacy tech, animation

but the problem is money... I don't have much of that...

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
Something about me:
-I bought the Wii U just because of Splatoon and it is my only game.
-I love marxist literature.
-I like nonsensical humor, especially Youtube-Poop.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Because ayyy why not?
> Along with attempting to get competitive in Splatoon, I am a Competitive Pokemon (VGC) player as well.
> I study Latin, and in a National Exam (for Latin II) last year I scored perfectly.
> I sing sometimes ;p
> My favorite food is definitely steak.
> If I never end up becoming a Pro Esports competitor (slim to no chance lmao) my goal is to work for NASA.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Hmm.
> I have a connective tissue disorder called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, which alters the collagen in the body or interrupts its creation, weakening the body in various ways. Symptoms are varied but can include: joint pain, velvety skin, back/neck pain, locking joints, problems with digestion, lack of muscle tone, sensitivity in any or all senses, eye problems, thin or weird hair, an inability to move even the slightest amount without pulling a muscle or ripping the inside of your mouth open or injuring yourself in any number of ways, difficulty healing from wounds and excessive scarring, deformities in the face and chest, mental problems or disorders, and a complete lack of energy to deal with any of it.
> And that's just the stuff that I myself have, and not even all of it. It can also cause problems with most organs in the body including the heart, can lead to an early death. I'm pretty sure I got lucky.
> My main is (was?) the Octobrush, but it literally pains me to play it for more than two games. Thanks for jack, EDS.
> I have a pigeon chest and an underbite, both on the right side of my body, while the left side has nothing wrong except a bunch of scars (no scars on the right, it's like they cancel each other out).
> I also have Asperger's Syndrome. Possibly ADD and depression too, but that's nothing more than speculation on my part, and it isn't easy to notice things like that and get them diagnosed for an already different mind.

> I love Ska-Punk and especially Streetlight Manifesto. That's a new discovery for me.
> My favorite game genre is team-based FPS-Z (FPS utilising up/down movement, hence Z of the Z axis. I include third person shooters like Splatoon in this). Again, new discovery.
> I'm taking a Game Design university course next year, and already have a bunch of ideas for weird genres that I can make a reality. My most developed idea could be classified as an: eight player team-based turn-based real time strategy first/third person shooter, with complete character and weapon customisation and tile-based combat. When I say it like that it seems a bit contrived. But stay tuned! [/plug]

Last edited:

mar¡

Inkling
If I ever need to blackmail one of you, I know which thread to look... ;)

1. 100% enamored with voice acting/over and animation, but I'm in computer science... help.
2. I'm one of those people with that metabolism. You know the one, the kind that lets a person eat whatever and as much as they want without gaining a pound. It's not useful; sometimes I forget to eat. I want some reserves to bank on when I'm busy putting off, uh, pretty much everything. :/
3. I write. Mostly poems and short prose, sometimes a short story (but those take some level of planning and I'm extremely unmotivated.) I enjoy character building and interactions.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Geezus you're all such interresting folks with such a bubbly and friendly aura. Then, there's me in my corner barking at anyone that randomly walk into shoutbox and get hit by sticks for my rude behaviors, lmao!

• I'm very optimistic but i'd rather show a pessimistic attitude and stay silent.
  • I enjoy manual labor and sports more then i'd ever admit.
  • I LOVE blood test. Everytime i'm told i gotta do one, i feel like a little kid going to the park!
  • You'll always see me insult myself and say i'm a terrible person. That's because i romantise being a bad person. I'm actually more caring then i'd like.
  • I love pirates so much, my facebook is set on pirates speech and when it's international be a pirate day, i go full in. Costumes, pirates speech and try to push everyone to join in, lmao.
  • I love the sketchyness of sketches. As an artist, i want my style to be unfinished looking.
  • I despise the word cute and its variants.(How silly is that!? Still hate the word.)
  • Blue and Orange are my favorite colors, my favorite nuance is White.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Hmm, I'd love to share some facts about myself.

I'm actually a moderator on another site, mostly for overlooking the submissions of certain artistic pieces. It's a relatively small site though. The funny thing is, I have no idea how I became a mod outside of doing some things right with my own artistic submissions.

I absolutely adore Pokemon, but I'm quite fond of Kirby as well! My favorite Pokemon is a tie between Umbreon and Incineroar, and it takes one quick glance at my username to know my favorite Kirby villain. Though King Dedede is a god, that's one thing that can be easily agreed upon.

I always play supportive roles in multiplayer games when possible. For example, I'm a Medic main in Team Fortress 2 and I play Beam Mage on Team Kirby Clash Deluxe.

EDIT: Fixed a small error.

Last edited:

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I feel the need to try and open up a bit somehow- at least a bit beyond my about section of my user page, So here goes...

-My biggest fandoms currently are a mix between Megaman (Not just classic- X series and beyond as well), Splatoon, and Monster Hunter. I currently feel most active within Splatoon as of late though.

-I may be an INTJ/Introvert, but don't let this fool you. I long to meet new people one on one. And I can infact be very chatty and expansive on details of things that I am interested in. Even more serious and personal matters.

-I draw alot. Mostly for personal reasoning's, but also for fun. I feel that even within Fan Art, self expression should flow through it, as it tells alot about the person behind the work.

-I recently picked up on writing...mostly thanks to many MANY years of Roleplaying. I'm currently writing on a big FanFict project I've been developing, but yet I hesitate to show such...but its fine. It's a personal enjoyment for myself.

-Of course, I Roleplay. And I do so alot. But I actually prefer One on One roleplay over group ones. I currently only Roleplay with one person, though...my favorite RP themes are doing Spinoffs/AU's, Sci-Fi style, and general obscure scenarios/plots. Doing too much of the norm gets bland for me sometimes.

-My favorite food of all time is Lobster. The best food of the sea. But I love all types of seafood as well. I also enjoy various asian foods and cuisine.

-I overly plan for things, or get overly cautious. This sometimes makes me hesitate on some matters....

-I tend to be a good listener for people expressing their problems towards me, and even give out some deep advice- But yet, I fail in expressing my own personal problems. I clam up too much. It might take a while before you see me open up my clam shell.

-While it may appear that I always enjoyed the CoroCoro Splatoon Manga...(My avatar is a indicator enough), I actually didn't at first. I disliked it and complained about it lacking actual plot or such. But as time went on, and the characters themselves grew on me...and I became a full blown fan. Go figure.

-I like robots. Alot. Not just because of my interest in Megaman either. Sony Aibo robots are a personal favorite of mine, and I wish I could see more alike to them on the market today...

-I'm nearsighted, so I have to wear glasses...I really don't like them. I also have double vision occasionally due to a slight lazy eye.

-I Solo way too much in Splatoon. Currently trying to FIX that...

...Did you read this entire post? Really? I'm amazed.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I was a bit concern about speaking of myself here, but I will give it a slight shot if I may, whelp. It's somewhat lengthy too.

- I am actually a strict person. Especially when it comes to work, I often can be a bit overly commanding.I also happen to be a extreme perfectionist.

- I was a mixed material artist spanning from teakwondo, hapkido, karate, and kickboxing. I have about around six years of skill in it.

- I was born with a twisted leg that throws me off balance from time to time.

- Right now I am a archer trained an Olympic type of sporting, and volunteered and was trained by a silver medalist's wife of the USA team.

- I've been doing art seriously since I was 12, but won awards before even that. I also had my art in Sonic the hedgehog comics for a Tails contest, and featured at the convention Summer of Sonic in UK.

- I love coconut, and key lime pie.

- I tend to rival people easily.

- I love animals, especially birds. My specialty is chickens.

- As applied above me, I am a roleplayer who loves doing AUs and things revolving around Sci-fi themes. I am especially on high content things.

- I write and make my own comics, but do it for personal things rather than a business. I also just consider my art a hobby at this point.

- I am a big fan of godzilla, Splatoon, Megaman, and Mario. I have also other honorable mentions such as for 80s anime, old Japanese comics, especially Devilman and what not.

- I collect games. I have a wide library from old to new. I think currently I may have around 500 games, with up to 20 consoles and handhelds along with it.

- I speak intermediate Japanese, and hang around a Japanese community mostly.

That is the jest of myself, and that will be it for now...

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Might as well update mine as it'sbeen more than a year.
  • I am an avid bowler. My high game is a 166, and I bowl with an extended two handed delivery(i.e., Jason Belmonte).
  • I kinda know how to sew by hand, as I have/am making Splatoon squib plushies.
  • I am in marching band, and I play Baritone Saxophone.
  • I am also an avid soccer/football fan (Arsenal fan...), and I play in a rec league.
  • I actually have anxiety/stress issues. I generally get stressed when there's thunderstorms around, after a close call with lightning atan amusement park when I was around 7-8 years old.
  • I still play Pokemon GO.
  • I hate the thought of death. It makes me really depressed, and I don't know why.
  • I have this weird idea that when you die, you're reborn somewhere/sometime else. So... in my train of thought, it could be possible for us to be reborn as inklings.
  • I read a crap ton of Splatoon fan-fiction.
  • Donuts
  • I want to one day work on a future Splatoon game.
  • I (unfortunately) have slight depression. It mainly comes from being picked on at school. My main group of friends allowed somebody to sit at my lunch table (we had a system where you could sit where ever you wanted.) who consistently seemed to hate me. H**l, he told me to "go f*** yourself" at least twice a day.
  • I have a fear of going on rollercoasters.
  • I tried writing fan-fiction once.
Sorry if this took a dark turn... I couldn't avoid it...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
  • I left this forum 11 months ago to spare time for university beginning and good grief, did studies take it out of me. I'm not built for student life.
  • If I only listened to music from one game for the rest of my life, it'd be Animal Crossing GC.
  • Salmonids are my favourite Splatoon species.

No Way Jose

Inkling
Hello.

Um what can i say about myself is I really love mexican food especially burritos. And I live in NYC.

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
I got a couple I could share.
1. I'm a bit of a klutz sometimes
2. I have an undying love for cats
3. Despite being really shy I enjoy meeting new people
4. I can't stand being looked at. (my face gets red like a tomato)
And lastly a huge goal in my life is to make others happy.

miiiiyuuu

Inkling
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-0363-3436-1912
Might not be even a fun fact, but im kinda half european .3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom