• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fact(s) about yourself

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
well...lets see
Only if anyone even cares...
1. I look almost as same as my avatar irl despite my hair color is darker, that's how I drew it.
2. My breakfast is a cigarette and a bottle of lemon tea
3. I learned Japanese by myself because I was so into Super Robot Wars franchises, and those good ol robot animes. Now I don't watch animes at all though.
4. I am a freelance illustrationist
5. Pineapple doesn't belong to pizza
6. Mayonnaise is an instrument
7. I am a Ness main in SSB4 sadly...but I also enjoy playing as captain
8. Favorite food goes to seafood, especially salmon or mackerel
9. You thought this was the ninth fact but it was me, Dio!
10. I am really sarcastic occasionally. But I barely show this to people.
11. But my friends always tease me for fun because according to them I seem to be a guy who is so laid-back that can forgive almost everything, and actually I really am...
12. I like rock music. Fav band is Radiohead. I also love bands like Pink Floyd, Oasis and Travis. One way to trigger me is to say "Oh I love Radiohead as well! My favorite song is Creep!" sorry but kill me instead.

Last edited:

The Milkmann

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0550-5773-9417
I don't really have much to share
1. I am the weird kid
2. One of my favorite bands is Dead Milkmen (go figure)
3. Pacific Rim is one of my favorite films
4. Dr. Pepper is the best
5. My friends consistently tease me about playing Splatoon
6. I used to think that Splatoon was a bad game simply because it was a third person shooter
7. TF2 used to be my favorite multiplayer game

Windstar

Pro Squid
Some of these are crazy and some of these are normal:

1. My favorite video game is Final Fantasy 6.
2. My favorite band is Van Halen.
3. My favorite author is Jack London.
4. My favorite food is Mississippi Mud Cake.
5. One of my best friends owns a Ferrari 488.
6. My great (x1000000) grandmother was hung during the Salem Witch Trials.

Last edited:

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
1. I’m gender non-binary.
2. I study Games Design. On my first year of 3.
3. Whenever I try and accomplish anything, external forces force me to either wait or try 3 times harder.
4. As a kid I used to love reading non-fiction, but now I don’t have the attention span.
5. My favorite colors are ff8800 (orange) and ff88cc (pink). I hate yellow with a passion (at least, ffff00).
6. I can’t cook despite living alone for the past 7 months.
7. I think in concepts, which makes it extremely difficult to form coherent speech since I have to convert it from concepts to words, process it, add any context that might be missing, process again, and then form the actual words. On the bright side, I have the perfect mind for designing branching scenarios in games.
8. I talk about past-me and future-me like they’re different people.
9. i have to convince myself to do anything from sitting up to punching someone. Thankfully I’m good at it.
10. I cry from extreme disappointment and nothing else.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Someone necro'd the hell outta this thread, but I guess it's goin' so I guess I'll share?

1. Probably the most relevant to others, is that I'm transgender(MtF). There's a lot of Trans squids out there(Like the user above), but we aren't exactly teeming, so people are still surprised. Mini fact, Squidboards offers a color scheme (Dark/Teal) that predominantly feature Teal, Pink and White as it's colours. Blue Pink and White are the colours of the transgender flag. The teal used by SBs is pretty blueish, and it's the theme I use. I believe that SBs has this to be entirely coincidental.

2. My boyfriend of three years (and previous best friend of eight) and I met on League of Legends. We now live together.

3. My favourite colour is Purple. Colors I dislike are Brown/Yellow/Orange. They have to be mixed with something complimentary for me to like them.

4. I often use UK spellings of words even though I have only ever lived in the United states. I just like them more.

5. I have lived in four states.

6. I used to perform music. Starting in 7th grade I took up percussion for the school credits, but continued on into Highschool and even did a season of independent nationals after highschool in 2011 and placed 1st in WGI with the Vanguard Winter Percussion. I play auxiliary percussion and Mallet instruments primarily. I also roughly know how to play Guitar and Piano.

7. I got a Wii U specifically to get and play Splatoon. Mario Kart, Sm4sh and what came after was just a bonus.

8. I, rarely, am able to experience ASMR from different sources.

9. My favourite music tends to be non-lyrical Video Game OSTs like Islands of Wakfus OST from Guillaume Pervieux.

10. Besides Splatoon, my favourite game is RimWorld.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I'll bite to keep the thread fresh, as long as it's been necromanced.

1. I grew up as a fairly stereotypical mountain hillbilly, until I moved closer to Boston. Now I'm the first in my family with a master's degree.

2. My masters degree is in Accounting, but it's considered a masters in Science, rather than an MBA, because of the high degree of quantitative analysis the program required us to learn.

3. Up until my mid 20's, I was an intermediate floutist and conversationally adept at Parisian French. Both skills have left me due to lack if use.

4. I've lived alone for 6 years at this point, and the concept of intimate relationships (the emotionally connected kind, not the pervert kind) have begun to feel alien.

5. I grill the best chops, steak, and asparagus. Ask my friends. I'm the grill-dad that never was.

Last edited:

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Random facts about me include:

1. Only child (not as good as you would think.)
2. I have a sense of humour that only like-minded people will find funny.
3. Because of this, I have trouble making friends quickly, as you sort of have to know me to find what I say amusing.
4. People say that I’m one of the most sassy and sarcastic person they’ve even met (kind of like Blackadder from the BBC tv series.)
5. My favourite number is 42
6. My passion in life is birds
7. I have two budgies, bubbles and squeaky.
8. The glasses I wear apparently make me reminiscent of a super hero’s alter-ego.

NNID
ChrisH1994
Switch Friend Code
SW-4774-3187-2019
I'm one of those guys who has an opinion on just about everything but unlike the rest of those guys I don't open my mouth because I understand nobody cares or wanted to hear it to begin with

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Someone necro'd the hell outta this thread
Only by two months. I've seen necrobumps from posts several years old before.

I really don't want to work on an essay that I have, so I'll share so facts about myself.

1. I'm very polarizing. Most people I've met either really like me, or they really don't.

2. I'm pretty much always negative, which largely explains that first fact. I could rant on about things for as long as someone is willing to listen. I don't really talk about people negatively though; it's just feels too "gossipy" to me, and no particular person really annoys me that much.

3. Like some others on this forum, I also bought a Wii U solely for Splatoon. Having seen the commercials, I thought it was going to be the stupidest thing ever, but I went over to my longtime friend's house and saw that he had actually just purchased the Best Buy Splatoon Wii U bundle. I played it once, and thought it was really fun, but then I got to play Ranked Battle and I was hopelessly addicted. Shortly thereafter, I ordered the exact same bundle. I got other games for the Wii U, but never got into them.

4. I then bought a Switch solely for Splatoon 2. I'm under the rare opinion that the first game is better though.

5. I can't watch the vast majority of TV shows. It's just such an investment with no real payoff. As generic as this may be, I think SpongeBob seasons 1 - 3 (and maybe a few episodes in season 4 despite Hillenburg having left) are the only TV I've ever enjoyed.

6. I don't care for most movies either. They're all just too generic and give me no real reason to care about what's going on. The 1984 "The Terminator" is my undisputed favorite movie for numerous reasons.

7. I don't like most music either (see what I said about being negative?). I really don't care for vocals; the second you throw them in, the quality of the song plummets in my opinion, and most lyrical music doesn't have much else to stand on. I love many video game and even a couple movie soundtracks though. I typically like older PSG, FM, or PCM generated music, but there are a fair share of games with prerecorded music that I love the soundtracks to.

8. Unlike virtually every other teenager, I really don't care for social media. I have a YouTube account, and I recently got a Discord account, but that's it. I'd much rather spend my time in person or on forums where you can have actual discussion.

9. I'm really interested in pretty much any kind of engineering. I probably know more about engineering than most people my age (19) from working with my grandfather from building sheds, fixing cars, and also just looking up a lot of stuff on my own. I was pretty disappointed with my "honor's" high school physics class when I found that virtually no one knew just how to wire an electric motor to a battery. Robotics is definitely one of my favorite things, because it puts most all of engineering together. My eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw Boston Dynamic's Atlas robot do a backflip.

10. I'd really love to see more effort done to try and "cure" aging, which is partially why I'm very into robotics. It's much easier to keep a brain alive than a whole body... I'm not even going to pretend like I know anything about biology though.

11. I love assembly programming (but nothing else). I randomly decided I wanted to try and program for the SNES in 2014 without any prior programing experience, so I signed up on NESDev and bothered everyone with questions until I eventually because really familiar with 65816 assembly. I had gotten into 80186 assembly because I wanted to see if I could program for the Irem M92, which is the system board of several of my favorite arcade games (one of which I made a tcrf article for: https://tcrf.net/Gunforce_II) and while I did get backgrounds to display, I could never figure out how to enable sprites.

12. I also love old computer hardware. Like cars, I find that people get new computers way often than they have to; most people could probably live with an old Pentium 4 computer if they were to just add more ram. I'm wanting to get an Irem M92 system board and some EEPROMS largely because I want to test programs on the original hardware (because MAME M92 emulation is not all that accurate) but I've also always just wanted to own an arcade machine, even if just the board, lol.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Only by two months. I've seen necrobumps from posts several years old before.

I really don't want to work on an essay that I have, so I'll share so facts about myself.

1. I'm very polarizing. Most people I've met either really like me, or they really don't.

2. I'm pretty much always negative, which largely explains that first fact. I could rant on about things for as long as someone is willing to listen. I don't really talk about people negatively though; it's just feels too "gossipy" to me, and no particular person really annoys me that much.

3. Like some others on this forum, I also bought a Wii U solely for Splatoon. Having seen the commercials, I thought it was going to be the stupidest thing ever, but I went over to my longtime friend's house and saw that he had actually just purchased the Best Buy Splatoon Wii U bundle. I played it once, and thought it was really fun, but then I got to play Ranked Battle and I was hopelessly addicted. Shortly thereafter, I ordered the exact same bundle. I got other games for the Wii U, but never got into them.

4. I then bought a Switch solely for Splatoon 2. I'm under the rare opinion that the first game is better though.

5. I can't watch the vast majority of TV shows. It's just such an investment with no real payoff. As generic as this may be, I think SpongeBob seasons 1 - 3 (and maybe a few episodes in season 4 despite Hillenburg having left) are the only TV I've ever enjoyed.

6. I don't care for most movies either. They're all just too generic and give me no real reason to care about what's going on. The 1984 "The Terminator" is my undisputed favorite movie for numerous reasons.

7. I don't like most music either (see what I said about being negative?). I really don't care for vocals; the second you throw them in, the quality of the song plummets in my opinion, and most lyrical music doesn't have much else to stand on. I love many video game and even a couple movie soundtracks though. I typically like older PSG, FM, or PCM generated music, but there are a fair share of games with prerecorded music that I love the soundtracks to.

8. Unlike virtually every other teenager, I really don't care for social media. I have a YouTube account, and I recently got a Discord account, but that's it. I'd much rather spend my time in person or on forums where you can have actual discussion.

9. I'm really interested in pretty much any kind of engineering. I probably know more about engineering than most people my age (19) from working with my grandfather from building sheds, fixing cars, and also just looking up a lot of stuff on my own. I was pretty disappointed with my "honor's" high school physics class when I found that virtually no one knew just how to wire an electric motor to a battery. Robotics is definitely one of my favorite things, because it puts most all of engineering together. My eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw Boston Dynamic's Atlas robot do a backflip.

10. I'd really love to see more effort done to try and "cure" aging, which is partially why I'm very into robotics. It's much easier to keep a brain alive than a whole body... I'm not even going to pretend like I know anything about biology though.

11. I love assembly programming (but nothing else). I randomly decided I wanted to try and program for the SNES in 2014 without any prior programing experience, so I signed up on NESDev and bothered everyone with questions until I eventually because really familiar with 65816 assembly. I had gotten into 80186 assembly because I wanted to see if I could program for the Irem M92, which is the system board of several of my favorite arcade games (one of which I made a tcrf article for: https://tcrf.net/Gunforce_II) and while I did get backgrounds to display, I could never figure out how to enable sprites.

12. I also love old computer hardware. Like cars, I find that people get new computers way often than they have to; most people could probably live with an old Pentium 4 computer if they were to just add more ram. I'm wanting to get an Irem M92 system board and some EEPROMS largely because I want to test programs on the original hardware (because MAME M92 emulation is not all that accurate) but I've also always just wanted to own an arcade machine, even if just the board, lol.
I love the first and second terminator a lot. Also Spaltoon and Smash were like the only system sellers lol

Woomytales

Inkling
y'know i haven't posted in a bit, so this'll be a nice thing to do real quick

1: I used to do all-star cheerleading. Quite the change, hmm?
2: I've dislocated my right shoulder 3 times in a row when I was, get this, 3.
3: Out-of-country, I've visited England, United Arab Emirates, and South Africa.
4: I initially did not want Splatoon 2. However, a lot of my friends really wanted me to give it a shot, so I got it on launch day. Here I am!
5: I do a lot of digital art, buuuuuut it's generally fanart. I'm hoping to expand out to my own original pieces soon.
6: you will never meet someone who's more trash for Danny Phantom than me. never. you'll receive my love if you can handle me yelling to you about this singular show
7: Pokemon, that also exists. Not much is happening atm, though- so I'm not as obsessed right now.
8: I listen to a lot of 80s Rock, circa 2010 pop, and alternative.
9: I've lived in Texas for a year, aside from living my whole life on the good 'ol west coast.
10: I absolutely love boba and sushi. Gimme those and I'll love you.

Starfluff

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7796-9365-0785
This thread looks fun! Let's see...

1.) I bought my Switch specifically for Splatoon! (I own the first game too! Though I never got to play online...)
2.) I'm considered to be a relatively smol person by my friends at 155cm/5'1''!
3.) I love to bake! My favorite recipe at the moment is cinnamon-butterscotch pie!
4.) I love drawing, too! Though I don't have the time or ideas to do it most of the time...
5.) Soft pastel colors are the best! Especially light greyish-blues and purples.
6.) I speak German, English, know a few sentences of French and a bit Latin
7.) I know how to play the flute, am trying to teach myself piano (more like keyboard...) and piccolo and planning to learn harp one day!
8.) I'm very interested in the medical field and want to become a Medical Scientist one day! (Currently working on getting there too!)
9.) Sweet, spicy or salty foods are the best!
10.) I really like martial arts! I'm a Judoka and regularly go to training, though I'd like to try Capoeira and BJJ one day too! (as well as parcour, though that one isn't a martial art) I do not fight competitively in tournaments, however.

An_Skeleton

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7377-7730-9795
1. I almost died when I was born bc the doctors didn't vacuum all the mucus out of my airways. If the nurse hadn't been with my mom and grandmother after all was said and done, I would have suffocated.
2. I can burp on command, which is cool I guess

Agent 507

Inkling
1. I’m under house arrest for hospitalizing 2 people
2. I’m really friendly as long as you dont mess with me or my friends

Spoopz

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0778-7448-8093
1. im double jointed in my left thumb.
but not the right for some reason...
2. I can move my ears

blackfrost89

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3304-4824-3516
1. I moved to a different country when I was 23
2. I enjoy singing and I'm fairly decent at it
3. I was in my hometown's local newspaper once
4. I have a 7 cm long scar on my right wrist thanks to a football (soccer) injury
5. Going to concerts is slowly but surely becoming my number 1 hobby over gaming

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Facts eh? Let's see...

-1. I'm a salty boi =3
0. I'm a developing artist
1. I write from time to time
2. Speaking of writing, I wrote an 11 book comic series in high school. It wasn't any good but it was fun nonetheless.
3. My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper
4. The furthest I've traveled was from the Northeast of the US to Mississippi
5. My favorite color is red
6. I can make an absurd amount to music references
7. I'm pretty quiet in real life and outside of work
8. I want to travel to the UK at some point in time
9. I played the flute from 4th grade until I graduated high school
10. I have a scar from when I cracked my head open as a child.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ok i will bite! here are some facts about me xD

1. i always dye my hair,currently it's black but i am thinking to dye the front/bangs purple/green/blue
2. i am a dude with feminine traits ^^''
3. Dutch is my main language even though i can speak english as well just not the best at it
4. my favorite drink is monster energy drink absolute zero,i actually drink 1 everyday that's how much i love it ^-^
5. any type of white chocolate is my favorite candy! :D
6: my right foot has been sensitive ever since a car drove over it,moving my toes can still be painful sometimes
7. i really love to listen to music and i love to watch anime!
8. i can be a bit of a sore loser ^^''
9. i can be very shy when meeting new people in real life,it can take me sometime before i actually open up...
10. i can be very talkative once i really get along with someone..sometimes i just don't shut up lol

Cephalobro

Alright, some facts about me.

1. I have an interest in biology, especially about animals that live underwater.

2. I am very dedicated at what I do, even sometimes stopping very late at night once I'm done. Basically, it's hard for me to stop, most of the time when playing a game that can't be saved from anywhere.

3. Having uncertainty keeps me up at night, like how I am supposed to be able to accomplish whatever I need to do on the next day.

4. I like it when protagonists show their soft side as part of their main personality like Ness's homesickness in Earthbound.

5. Video-game lore is one of my favorite parts of a game, and I tend to prefer the most creative ones, but the lesser ones can be interesting as well.

6. I plan to eventually have an unusual pet, like a snake or an octopus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom