Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Only the weak struggle to use the Hydra Splatling in Salmon Run. The weak, and those with garbage teammates.
You see, the reason why I hate hydra is because of how ****ing long it takes to do a full charge, and about trashy teammates, I am starting to blame my matchmaking

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Onepot can I just say I love the way you phrase things like idk what it is but
"only the weak struggle to use the hydra splatling in salmon run" is really funny
I'm flattered. Sometimes the right words just come together to create a small slice of perfection. I only wish I could do it on command.

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
Don't get the loreheads started on Splatoon cannibalism.
so there's squid (inklings) and octopuses (octolings) and there's squid and octopuses (non-sapient sea creatures) and the former eat the latter. it's no more 'cannibalism' than one fish in the real world eating another kind of fish. but we also know that inkfish and salmonids eat each other, and both of them are sapient species (even if nintendo likes to forget they made salmonids sapient). when we talk about cannibalism in splatoon, we have to consider both the technical definition of "eating one's own species" and the fact that human cannibalism is bad because it involves the murder of another sapient being, and while irl only humans hold that space, in splatoon's setting several distinct species coexist as sapient beings. so basically--

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I knew this would get out of hand.
I'm wondering if this could be a good place to get some feedback on a special concept I've been working on;

Killer Wail Surround
Summons four Killer Wail speakers that float in the air and slowly orbit the user. The special user's sub weapon is replaced with the speakers; pressing R causes one speaker to activate in the direction the user is facing, firing a brief Killer Wail with about the same radius as Sting Ray's shockwaves after a short delay. The speakers also block shots and have 100 HP each. When a speaker is used or broken, the remaining speakers fill in the gaps left behind and orbit faster.

A hybrid shielding and displacement special with a decent amount of counterplay no matter how it's used. In theory. Note that the speakers can also be broken while they're firing.

Feedback away, if you please.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
I knew this would get out of hand.
I'm wondering if this could be a good place to get some feedback on a special concept I've been working on;

Killer Wail Surround
Summons four Killer Wail speakers that float in the air and slowly orbit the user. The special user's sub weapon is replaced with the speakers; pressing R causes one speaker to activate in the direction the user is facing, firing a brief Killer Wail with about the same radius as Sting Ray's shockwaves after a short delay. The speakers also block shots and have 100 HP each. When a speaker is used or broken, the remaining speakers fill in the gaps left behind and orbit faster.

A hybrid shielding and displacement special with a decent amount of counterplay no matter how it's used. In theory. Note that the speakers can also be broken while they're firing.

Feedback away, if you please.
What's the size of the speakers/wail and how does their damage compare to Killer Wail 5.1?
Those are two details that really matter for the concept of this special.
I like the idea though and it sounds like it would be fun to use while not being as annoying as Killer Wail 5.1.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
What's the size of the speakers/wail and how does their damage compare to Killer Wail 5.1?
Those are two details that really matter for the concept of this special.
I like the idea though and it sounds like it would be fun to use while not being as annoying as Killer Wail 5.1.
Partly open to interpretation, but I was thinking the speakers would be roughly the size of a player, and orbit at a radius of half a line from the training room. The wails would cover roughly the same area as Sting Ray's shockwaves from Splatoon 2. Damage is the part of it that's pending the most, but I figure the damage of two 5.1 speakers is fair.

Catloafman

Inkling Commander
this is kinda random but I mean this whole thread is sooo...
I feel like zip squiffer was way overhyped that weapon is so hard that even normal squiffer players just play classic because zip+squif is too hard
I would have much preferred inkjet/kraken

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
this is kinda random but I mean this whole thread is sooo...
I feel like zip squiffer was way overhyped that weapon is so hard that even normal squiffer players just play classic because zip+squif is too hard
I would have much preferred inkjet/kraken
I thought the reason people played Classic over New was because of how strong Big Bubbler is right now. It's probably a combination of both if you think about it.

Can't wait to play a game that doesn't have Big Bubbler in it, the thing has got to be a bottom 3 least favorite special for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom