Mafia 3 | Game OVER! Who won?!

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Coco, did Thingy only use PoE in your last game together? Was his reasoning similar to here?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I'll ask everyone else: Do you think me and Boo are a team? Really?
I don't think you and Boo are a team. I think that you or Boo is town. You're either an experienced town with a huge emotional stress in your life or a mafia scum playing up that emotional stress to avert attention which isn't working.

That said, out of the number of people provided, you seem the most scummy. If you flip scum, I'm willing to believe Bool's claim of jailer. Which also leaves Drez in suspicion--in fact, maybe moreso--because, assuming no town is hiding their role and it's unlikely that kills were made on the same person (Drez) twice, he'd suddenly bump up to very high on the list of "hello I am scum." I'd say that Aykorn, from my position is the most scummy option from there after him simply because xCoco is now back on the ball. Still, I'm leaning on her as null.

So I guess the question here is @Drez why do you claim that Boolerex and Thingy would be on a team? Can you compile why you think this again?

But for real, Reed, you can tell this to everyone: In the last game, you and I were scum together. What did I immediately say should be the strategy for LYLO? Was it to claim or to "avoid thread and try to avoid claiming"?
I have, from the beginning of the game read you as busy. You've been off your a-game this whole time. So yes, under normal circumstances, I think that you would normally do just that: post immediately under LYLO conditions. That does not, in fact, clear you from my suspicion though.

You're being an emotional wreck right now. If you've really been up 24 hours, take a rest, dude.

the only weird thing is would aykorn be smart enough to frame the two townies that were blown up?
Why do you think Aykorn is scum again, besides gut instinct?--I'm assuming you're assuming she's the scum partner.

Can you compile your thoughts neatly?

lmfao okay I think Thingy is probably town. He behaved the exact same way last game when someone was being ridiculous too.
I'm reading the opposite. Can you explain why you think this behavior is the same as his last game? Or are you referencing a game before the one I played with him. As far as I can tell, he's reasoned, logical, and quick to provide explanation. He has, thus far, deflected all questions from Drez and that's worrying me.

That's my point. The 'newbie scum' should have been lonely squid and slaking 1 because of the possibility of not being online to send in the kill, which them flipping vts shows that it was just done that way to frame them. It's not newbie scum due to that.

Either way, Thingy is the best lynch toDay for scum #1.
the more I type this, the more I see this, umm this feels weird to accuse you but hear me out...

So I'm working off the assumption that Bool jailed you twice. Now, there wasn't a single night kill and you yourself have claimed that only newbie scum would kill the same person twice. With that considered, aren't you the most likely candidate for scum assuming that the mafia is somewhat experienced?

Let me walk through the logic: First night, no one dies and we can't tell whether that's because inactive mafia or a roleblock of some sort. Reasonable. Working on the assumption that Bool jailed you, then that night, no kills happened either because you were protected, or roleblocked because of the jailing (assuming that I understand jailing correctly), then no kill happened because you were blocked. But we couldn't know that day two.

Night two, you are jailed again but now there are no inactives. It is improbable that the scum aimed for the same person twice (i.e. you) because of possible bulletproofing. Improbable but not impossible. Still, since it is improbable, I would say that jailing you twice blocked a kill twice.

This is all, of course, an assumption, but... I feel that Bool isn't lying because there weren't two night kills which I feel shouldn't have been the case at least on night two. I want to know what you think and until then.... I'll vote you. Logic in my mind trounces my gut feelings on Thingy.

So, what do you say about this? Drez? Coco? Aykorn? Thingy? Bool?

@Aykorn Post more--my null read is standing and you're not looking so hot when it comes to scumreads. Should we make it through this day, I intend to vote you off.

I know this seems weird but read my read on Drez...

##Vote: Drez

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
I'll respond to the predicted explosion when I get back from driving with my girlfriend--my driving test is tomorrow and I need to practice.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Uhm, how would anyone frame the two mod-killed townies? AA revealed they were vanilla townies when he declared they spontaneously combusted. Or are we talking about Rom and someone else?

In any case, I realize I should say something like "I'm here" and "somewhat following this" so that's what I'm doing. I'm kind of hanging back because I don't know what to add. >.>

For Thingyman's "persuasion" I unfortunately don't have much a of history to look back at aside from my actions in this game, where truthfully, I've just been ironing out how I want to play.

So yeah, I guess, my claim to townie is that I was playing sloppy (maybe I still am) at the beginning of the game out of being a novice. Enough so to almost get me lynched Day 1. If I were mafia, no, I would not be clever enough right off the bat to set up whatever is... going on right now.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
1. Consider this is the last day to get it correct. Lynching me would lose the game for town. Mafia pulling out the stops is there best chance at victory toDay.
2. Consider that, a jailer in a town with no other town role, is odd. It's also a great role to fake-claim.
3. Boo never outright claimed it to point out to possible scum, but instead was claiming to appear town. (When you get a block on someone twice, you claim that to get a scum lynch)
4. It's scums best chance to claim two blocks on the most obvious townie, especially when he is most likely right.

You have to look at Boo's motivations for choosing to block me twice in a row. If I were a pr, he could have blocked me from doing anything while being a town read. Finally, you have to see if you can read Boo as town or scum, before looking at his claim.

Thingy is still the best lynch ToDay. I suggest you re-read the thread to see if I am playing like scum before you consider to lock down your vote on me. I also suggest to look at Thingy's play, and Boo's play.

---

All in all, it's wifom at it's best and you really have to look at your gut and your actual reads.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Thingy, why did you answer for her? I wanted to see what she would say.

Thingyman

Inkling
Because I am assuming that she would not lie in either role. That'd just be weird.

But alright, sorry, if you were expecting something different.

I'm going to bed.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Also, I wasn't thinking Thingy/Boo until Boo claimed to have blocked me twice. I can compile more about them together but I can't now as I'm going to sleep soon. This is the problem with people being so silent until near deadline, there is no room to think and we have to scramble.

I feel the best course of action is we lynch Thingy. Then we can go from there. There being modkills pretty much hurt us.

Thingyman

Inkling
Also, I wasn't thinking Thingy/Boo until Boo claimed to have blocked me twice. I can compile more about them together but I can't now as I'm going to sleep soon. This is the problem with people being so silent until near deadline, there is no room to think and we have to scramble.

I feel the best course of action is we lynch Thingy. Then we can go from there. There being modkills pretty much hurt us.
I don't even know if you are trolling.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Did you forget that I think you are scum? (You flip scum, and we'll go from there)

Now. Talk to me about Boo. You straight scumread him all game. You haven't commented on his claim or his targets, you just defended yourself alot.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Did you forget that I think you are scum? (You flip scum, and we'll go from there)

Now. Talk to me about Boo. You straight scumread him all game. You haven't commented on his claim or his targets, you just defended yourself alot.
He flips town and we lose <_<

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Coco, you still haven't answered my question... yet you reply to that instead...

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Plus you have yet to give me reads yourself, Coco. Who is scum?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Coco comes whenever she pleases... and then leaves without posting valuable content. Great.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'm here. I haven't posted a read list because I'm mulling it over.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Alright. I want you to post a reads list because I have nothing on you right now. I want to know who you think is scum toDay.

I'm going to sleep. You all know my opinions.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Alright, I'm kind of confused so I'm throwing out hypotheticals here. Humor me? Reed's theory sounds like it might have merit to me since Drez has been so "indisputably" town the whole time.

We know that there are 2 mafia at least right? Thus for Drez to be a jailed mafia, the sequence would have been: Drez goes for a night kill, gets role-blocked, assumes they won't block him again but gets blocked a second time. Or something like that right? Would that mean the other mafia is simply hiding back? Or that the mafia just made a bad decision on kills?

I think, in one sense, with all the attention Drez has attracted guiding the conversation, it seems careless to let him handle the kills if there are at least two Mafia (if I'm understanding this correctly), and Drez's explanation for this makes sense --Boo claiming power role to appear townie. Blocking a vanilla townie who is doing nothing would look like any other player, doing nothing.

Also, if Boolerex isn't being honest and there really are no saving or role-blocking roles, how would anyone explain mafia not killing Drez on at least one of these nights?
Drez has arguably been moving the townie discussion forward the most, and wouldn't killing off someone who is considered townie by everyone both be difficult to pick out and hamper the flow of townie conversation?
Could it be chalked up to dumb luck or, would that be too predictable for the mafia to attempt?

I say this because Drez seemed like the obvious choice to protect and/or kill at night, and it seems feasible for Boo to have done protected Drez twice, following Drez's own advice of "protect who needs protecting."

Also, if there are no role-blocking roles and Boo is bluffing, what other ways are there for getting no kills in the night?

Sheesh this is unclear, I'm rambling. Lemme compile what I'm asking. I'm just wondering about these:
  • How could we be getting no kill nights if there isn't a single role blocking role/ Boolerex is lying?
  • How would Drez be safe for these days under those same circumstances of no role blockers?
  • Say Boolerex is telling the truth and Drez is mafia like Reed thought, what are the other mafia possibly doing? Would simply blocking Drez be enough to make nights no kill?
Yeah, I dunno, tell me if I'm understanding this correctly. Or like, people, get some sleep. I'll be sure to get back to this in the morning.

Also, @xCoCo, you should definitely post some kind of list before the deadline. I'm sure everyone has been asking for more from you since your V/LA >.<

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
So yeah, I guess, my claim to townie is that I was playing sloppy (maybe I still am) at the beginning of the game out of being a novice. Enough so to almost get me lynched Day 1. If I were mafia, no, I would not be clever enough right off the bat to set up whatever is... going on right now.
My read on your bumps up to null-town, but that still only matters if we make it through this day.

I think, in one sense, with all the attention Drez has attracted guiding the conversation, it seems careless to let him handle the kills if there are at least two Mafia (if I'm understanding this correctly), and Drez's explanation for this makes sense --Boo claiming power role to appear townie. Blocking a vanilla townie who is doing nothing would look like any other player, doing nothing.
I believe they block and protect, if we're just going with the most standard idea of a jailer.

Say Boolerex is telling the truth and Drez is mafia like Reed thought, what are the other mafia possibly doing? Would simply blocking Drez be enough to make nights no kill?
A good thought, but I think only AA or the mafia know the answer to this for sure. We simply don't know scum roles well enough to make a point of this either way.

1. Consider this is the last day to get it correct. Lynching me would lose the game for town. Mafia pulling out the stops is there best chance at victory toDay.
2. Consider that, a jailer in a town with no other town role, is odd. It's also a great role to fake-claim.
3. Boo never outright claimed it to point out to possible scum, but instead was claiming to appear town. (When you get a block on someone twice, you claim that to get a scum lynch)
4. It's scums best chance to claim two blocks on the most obvious townie, especially when he is most likely right.
Thank the stars that you actually are logical. So let me break this down:

Point 1: Yes, it is. So it is imperative that we pick whoever is the most likely choice of scum. This point only holds should we work on the assumption that you are town, which I'll admit, I had been looking from until this point in the game.

Point 2: This is true and your strongest point. It is weird that there's a town with only one jailer.

...Yet I can think of no other reasonable explanation for no death on night two: there had to be a power player. We were all active participants at that point and if there's a mafia out there (which it would be hilarious and trollish [and a terrible thing to do to us AA] if this was a game with no scum) which means someone had to be blocked in some way. Seeing as there are no other roleclaims, I'd say his is pretty legit...

...though I'll admit, he was pretty eager to get out there and say it. Still, I refuse to believe the "no kill choice" thing two nights in a row.

Point 3: That, I think, is just his inexperience shining and not a valid point.

Point 4: Now that's true. You are the most obvious townie. Ughh... I dunno. I wanna trust my gut and just go with Thingy, but my reasoning is pointing me at you.

Can you answer this question, please: what other reasonable explanation is there for no death at night? Do you think there isn't a mafia to begin with and we're all being played by AA? The mafia had a choice between a power-role and killing or something similar to that logic? Is someone hiding their role stupidly at the LYLO phase? None of it seems reasonable.

Just tell me some other logical thought process I can latch onto. :l You don't seem like a sure mafia but at the same time, you seem like the most probable just considering the information at hand.

You have to look at Boo's motivations for choosing to block me twice in a row. If I were a pr, he could have blocked me from doing anything while being a town read. Finally, you have to see if you can read Boo as town or scum, before looking at his claim.

Thingy is still the best lynch ToDay. I suggest you re-read the thread to see if I am playing like scum before you consider to lock down your vote on me. I also suggest to look at Thingy's play, and Boo's play.
That's the thing! I don't think you're playing like scum. But I know you're intelligent and can make it look like you're playing as town when really... ughhh Thingy's capabilities last game have put me on edge. Honestly, as things go, I've agreed with your read on Bool from the start--he seems null-scum to me because his actions point toward inactive and "post just enough." The roleclaim that he has just baffles me.

But it's the only explanation I can see, gameplay-mechanics considered for no deaths two nights in a row. Aykorn's logic might apply and the mafia aimed for you twice in a row but... you yourself stated that's unlikely. To psych us out? To set up that line of thought?

You seem townie. Ughhh... please give me another line of reasoning so I can continue my breakdown of Thingy as most scummy. ._.

No night kills: that's the lynchpin that locks this argument in my mind. If you can provide another logical explanation that is probable, I'll unvote. But not until.

If I recall correctly, this has been the question all game. And I think he said that he was just pushing him in the beginning to get him to post... but he did it in a flippant manner--not his playstyle and odd to me. Did he continue pushing him day two? I forget.

I'm the town jailkeeper
Please confirm the details of your role. Can you roleblock and protect? That's the standard apparently, so if you don't roleblock as well as protect, my theory on Drez falls apart and I can go back to Thingy which feels more comfortable in my gut instinct.

Also, everyone, review my logic and check it for flaws. I don't want to vote Drez, but under these assumptions:

1. There were no kills night one or night two
Postulates that there is a roleblocker--initial theory night one was that mafia was inactive. Disproved when inactives flipped town. Bool is only one claiming roleblocker.​
2. Boolerex claims to jail Drez twice
Postulates that there are three options: Drez got attack twice. Someone is lying about a bulletproof role. Drez got roleblocked twice. First is improbable. Second is possible, but dumb. Third is most likely I can see.​
3. We should vote for the most likely player to be scum
Seeing as point 2 says that Drez is most likely to be scum, I feel that he is the safest pick and my vote holds until this logic is picked apart.
Which I want to be done; I don't feel Drez is scum. But my head says that he's most likely. If Drez flips scum and I die tonight, my gut says that Thingy is scum.

@xCoCo I agree with everyone here, post your list before the deadline, please.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
To conveniently post my reads:

Drez: Town leaning heavily scum (backed by logic)
Thingy: Scum (backed by gut feeling)
xCoco: Null
Aykorn: Null learning town
Boolerex: Town

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom