• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatfest World Premiere Discussion

Cake or Ice Cream? Rock or Pop?

• Cake/Rock

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Ice Cream/Pop

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cake/Pop

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Ice Cream/Rock

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Cake/Undecided

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Ice Cream/Undecided

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Undecided/Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided/Pop

• Totally/Undecided

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Ugh. I think it was a match against Hitzel and team where I got pincered in an Inkjet double team as they swept my team from both sides.
You fought them too!? They beat my team badly twice. Well the second time we did okay, but they still won handily. After that and a few more losses, we decided to just do solo fest and had a lot more fun. Are they some famous Splatoon player or something?

tanzinyagrill

Inkling
I just feel like the Sting Ray is a little underwhelming in its execution rather than the base idea. If it was less clunky and killed a bit faster it would probably do its job a lot better. I also feel like it makes you too much of a sitting duck, Inkjet users can go into squid form to drop down and swim so I don't see why Sting Ray shouldn't be able to swim (if it actually can, please tell me, I'm slow and it took me a while to discover Inkjet can do it.)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Am I one of the odd ones for only wanting to do the splatfest in my region? I dunno, I can't see playing a demo for 8 to 12 hours when the real treat is just around the corner :P

Dog King

Full Squid
Am I one of the odd ones for only wanting to do the splatfest in my region? I dunno, I can't see playing a demo for 8 to 12 hours when the real treat is just around the corner :p
Well, I never got to play the test fire, so the EU and American splatfest makes up for it. The hype burns within us, and these help to quench it! Maybe I'll see you on the splatterfield?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
You fought them too!? They beat my team badly twice. Well the second time we did okay, but they still won handily. After that and a few more losses, we decided to just do solo fest and had a lot more fun. Are they some famous Splatoon player or something?
Quite a day. Such a small install base world! Running into members from Squidboards, twitter, maybe reddit too, and even people I'm certain I've played with and against in Splatoon 1 in solo queues. Hitzel, I think, is among the big named players in Splatoon's competitive scene and has been a part of renowned competitive teams.
Am I one of the odd ones for only wanting to do the splatfest in my region? I dunno, I can't see playing a demo for 8 to 12 hours when the real treat is just around the corner :p
Such a goody-two-shoes! =p

I was content on just the NoA splatfest but people some people wanted a team for the EU region and I wound up getting on while introducing them to each other. But yeah, I can't see how anyone can do a continuous four hour session and/or 200ish points in that amount of time without feeling some burnout. Let alone doing it two or three times in a day.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Watching @ForteReborn play and had a notice pop up after a connection error. Something along the lines of "this match was prreeeetty suspicious. If activity like this continues, you may be blocked from playing online".

Any info about this? I'm guessing its a saftey measure towards people who intentionally disconnect their game before the match ends?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I am in the same boat as you. I am just playing in my region only. I played all of the test fires back in March as well, so I am getting my fill in.

MiceChaff

Inkling
Watching @ForteReborn play and had a notice pop up after a connection error. Something along the lines of "this match was prreeeetty suspicious. If activity like this continues, you may be blocked from playing online".

Any info about this? I'm guessing its a saftey measure towards people who intentionally disconnect their game before the match ends?
This guy? I saw it floating around on twitter.
IMG_1981.JPG

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Did an hour run, now letting @ZEROrevive take the plunge after me. So far the maps are really maze like, and kinda fun. But I seem to like the art academy the best so far, what do you guys think? I also swap from doing dualies for a little to back to roller, and so far I am doing really good. The most kills I did was around 13, minus the extreme disconnects.

ZosDaddyO

Inkster Jr.
Did an hour run, now letting @ZEROrevive take the plunge after me. So far the maps are really maze like, and kinda fun. But I seem to like the art academy the best so far, what do you guys think? I also swap from doing dualies for a little to back to roller, and so far I am doing really good. The most kills I did was around 13, minus the extreme disconnects.
So you noticed the high discovery rate too? I'm glad it's not my internet. Me and my cousin and wife are playing, and before it could Handel us playing no problem, but now it's like we get a full match in 1 in every 3. Either way I like it so far. Found out you can spawn camp at art academy tho.

Kabel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kabelly
I'm doing a squad match an i get kicked out every time after the match. I have to rejoin. It's really weird.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
So you noticed the high discovery rate too? I'm glad it's not my internet. Me and my cousin and wife are playing, and before it could Handel us playing no problem, but now it's like we get a full match in 1 in every 3. Either way I like it so far. Found out you can spawn camp at art academy tho.
Crap, really? Well, with those high walls, it seems to make it easy.

I see some people avoiding the gryo controls, especially on the chargers. You can spot them not snapping towards their target and trying to fill up the turf solo. It took me a few tries to get the jump button not mixed up with the map, and squid jumping. (Ugh, playing Breath of the Wild and getting that mixed up doesn't help.)

Now I can't wait for Moray Towers with those ink lines, ooooh...

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Guys. I think im in love with the vertical roller flick....its GOOD. I cant get enough of it! This opens up a whole new world of strategies for me.

Also having alot of wins, 7 splats average. Not bad!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Inkblot Art Academy camping technique go!

Haven't had a personal disconnect in-match. It's often before we start or after the results. This is both in the NoE and NoA regions.

Though I did have a NoA match with one disconnect on my team and two on the other, but we still lost. I can only laugh about it. And that was the only real match I've met noticeable lag. Also, unless it was lag, during the beginning of my roller jump-flick animation I splatted someone extremely close who wanted to lay hands on me. Lag maybe.

Also what is wrong with NoA squids in solo queue—two dozen matches and I met only ONE other charger, on my team! Also in solo queue: even without a gamepad squids still want to do unsafe superjumps. The more things change, the more they stay the same...

And the in-match song, I'm half wondering if that's supposed to be Callie's voice. It almost sounds like hers.

Last edited:

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Keep seeing same pair ups with team ice cream. Does that mean they are in for a spill, and we take the cake?

Also, cake is the best because Princess Peach bakes you one after you completed the game. GO CAKE...FOR PEARL....YAY.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Órale...

Get in at 3, immediately disconnected before even finding an opponent. Find an opponent, get trounced. Fiddle with the controls a bit, go on an hour-long asskicking streak... against my own team. Swap weapons, and suddenly I'm back to being a total noob.

Never change, Splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom