• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Mayday Mayday, another stage revamp coming! This time it is The Reef.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1057468444801589248

Though it honestly doesn't look like too much is changing. Seems the base areas are getting expanded a bit, but those areas weren't accessible by the other team anyways, though this might have more of an impact in Rainmaker.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
confused krool reaction.gif

(Stole your gif, Goolloom!)

Why Reef? Seriously, why? I mean sure it has issues, but there are more problematic stages. Case in point, the Japanese comments on that tweet are all complaining about Shellendorf. If this is anything like the Starfish revamp this likely isn't going to change the opinions of many folks.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet

Though it honestly doesn't look like too much is changing. Seems the base areas are getting expanded a bit, but those areas weren't accessible by the other team anyways, though this might have more of an impact in Rainmaker.
omg nooo!!!! that's literally 1 of my all time favorite stages in this game..i am a sad potato T~T

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I love how Google translates it to "Battery Street" LOL.

Lazy

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1475-1103-7267

Really!?:scared:
Dang love that stage!!!

Have they done revamps to other stages before and if so how long do they usually take? ;)
Be interesting how the changes effect it :)

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
heeeey i was wondering or someone already knows the ranked stages rotation for november? not that i look forward to play on the same stages for a whole month again..but it's what it is i guess x.x

Cephalobro

I'm wondering more about what will November's Salmon Run gear will be, oh well, looks like I just have to wait until tomorrow to find out. But not before the Smash Direct, that's more important than knowing a Salmon Run gear.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I'm wondering more about what will November's Salmon Run gear will be, oh well, looks like I just have to wait until tomorrow to find out. But not before the Smash Direct, that's more important than knowing a Salmon Run gear.
If I had to guess, either the Octoleet boots or a bee keeper mask.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So it's a more annoying, 3-dimensional chicken bomb. At least it doesn't seem to OHKO and can be deterred by shooting at it.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Can't say I saw another new sub weapon coming so soon. Especially since as far as I was aware, there was no datamining clues for it.

Seems interesting. Seems like the sub itself will be a weapon that cannot or at least is unlikely to kill, but due to its homing targeting properties it might be great for either sizing up opponents for a kill or taking out already damage opponents.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I squee'd when I saw it!

I like playing with bombs, but translations are funny as google says "torpedo" while bing says "toe peeler"?! lol

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wow another new sub, didn't expect that! Man they really needa give us more alt kits so a variety of different main weapons can get these new subs and specials. Torpedo seems like it'll be uber easy for rapid fire weapons to shoot down so I'm a bit skeptical of it's usefulness, but it's turf spread seems good. I hope it locks onto squids even if they're submerged, that'd up it's utility.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Now'd I'd be shocked if we don't get a huge weapon blow out before updates come to a close.

I would be severely disappointing if both these two new subs and two new specials only find themselves on a very niche selection of weapons.
The absolute minimum would be 5 for each one, if not 6 (the number of weapons which have Squid Beakon, not counting E-Liter Scope).

I mean to achieve the above 5 for each, we'd need at least 16 new weapons if there are no crossover, though there might be so I'll drop it to 14 or 12 at the very least.

Last edited:

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Oh no, paid DLC characters for Smash again... and the spirit system seems really weird to me. Hopefully we'll be able to ignore it for some proper smashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom