• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Oh no, paid DLC characters for Smash again... and the spirit system seems really weird to me. Hopefully we'll be able to ignore it for some proper smashing.
Honestly, I don't mind. The Fighters Pass is a pretty good deal seeing as SSB4 made you pay like $50 for all the DLC. Also, Spirits takes a moment, but once it isn't confusing, it looks like fun.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Honestly, I don't mind. The Fighters Pass is a pretty good deal seeing as SSB4 made you pay like $50 for all the DLC. Also, Spirits takes a moment, but once it isn't confusing, it looks like fun.
I don't personally have any problem with paying- the problem is that putting characters (especially, as was the case with smash 4, the best characters) behind a paywall create a split between the player base, and only those with financial means are able to be competitive. Smash 4 was pay to win, and pay to win is always a bad thing, especially in a game that is already paid up front.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So I missed the direct because I work full time now. Was there anything for Splatoon that we didn’t already know? (Torpedo, Stamp, Reef update)

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
So I missed the direct because I work full time now. Was there anything for Splatoon that we didn’t already know? (Torpedo, Stamp, Reef update)
No, it was pretty much 100% smash this time around

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It was literally a Smash Direct, of course it was going to be only Smash.

The game launches with a whopping 76 playable characters and they're going to keep developing new ones afterwards. It's impressive how people manage to spin that into something negative.

A few bucks isn't going to stop people from being 'competitive', and I'm not sure why it's a bad thing that it's going to 'split' the playerbase. All it's going to 'split' it into is one group who are interested in the game and another that isn't.

Cephalobro

Smash Ultimate definitely has a much better reputation than Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. I know there are those who stubbornly think that Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee are going to do well because it's Pokemon even though brand name has little to do with how well a game sells. If you compare both games, Smash Ultimate automatically wins in most aspects at this point. I'm not disappointed at all with what we got for Smash Ultimate, and honestly, Sakurai and his team should take a break at this point, they earned it.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
It was literally a Smash Direct, of course it was going to be only Smash.

The game launches with a whopping 76 playable characters and they're going to keep developing new ones afterwards. It's impressive how people manage to spin that into something negative.

A few bucks isn't going to stop people from being 'competitive', and I'm not sure why it's a bad thing that it's going to 'split' the playerbase. All it's going to 'split' it into is one group who are interested in the game and another that isn't.
Honestly People are complaining so much about alot of stuff and tbh I don't get why, Sakurai gave us all our old favorites Inklings, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, king K Rool, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, and a pirahnna plant (which prove you don't even need to be a main rep to get in to smash bros), plus 5 more characters
15 new characters...only 2 less than smash 4

Along with, Stage swapping, obstacle toggling, smash meter, training, squad strike, iron man,lobbies, music, customized online matches, spirits mode chalenges, and a full voice acted story mode
Along with most reps we wanted who didn't get in are stil represented in game in some way

Honestly this is what happens when you hype up a leak as much as this one people bought so much into it that of course the end result isn't going to matchup to expectation

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Honestly People are complaining so much about alot of stuff and tbh I don't get why, Sakurai gave us all our old favorites Inklings, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, Daisy, king K Rool, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, and a pirahnna plant (which prove you don't even need to be a main rep to get in to smash bros), plus 5 more characters

Along with, Stage swapping, obstacle toggling, smash meter, training, squad strike, iron man,lobbies, music, customized online matches, spirits mode chalenges, and a full voice acted story mode
Along with most reps we wanted who didn't get in are stil represented in game in some way

Honestly this is what happens when you hype up a leak as much as this one people bought so much into it that of course the end result isn't going to matchup to expectation
i blame certain youtubers for me keeping hope for some characters just to have it shattered completely today...them youtube leakers can really be so convincing that you think ''yeah you got a point there they can make it in!'' since i am active on youtube there was no way for me to avoid those videos..so yeah the character reveals were not what i expected but i think alot of people felt that way thanks to certain youtubers >.<

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Torpedo: *exists*

Autobomb:View attachment 6683
I genuinely feel like they’ll be used differently; the Autobombs force movement because of their OHKO potential, but the Torpedo gives better indication of a player’s location due to its 3D movement and slow travel, as well as its visibility. It also seems to paint better, giving it more of a utility role compared to the autobomb’s tactical role.

Cephalobro

Something worries me, on the Splatoon Reddit, someone posted that they got banned for playing the game normally. From what is seen of his other posts, having perfect gear was the reason even though it was legitimate. Now, for a good while before I touched a PVP mode again such as Turf, I played Salmon Run exclusively while keeping the first Salmon Run gear that I got and trading the newly received ones for in-game cash or chunks, I eventually maxed out the cash amount because I didn't think to buy anything at the time. Anyways the person Tweeted out the unfair ban:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Something worries me, on the Splatoon Reddit, someone posted that they got banned for playing the game normally. From what is seen of his other posts, having perfect gear was the reason even though it was legitimate. Now, for a good while before I touched a PVP mode again such as Turf, I played Salmon Run exclusively while keeping the first Salmon Run gear that I got and trading the newly received ones for in-game cash or chunks, I eventually maxed out the cash amount because I didn't think to buy anything at the time. Anyways the person Tweeted out the unfair ban:
Well, looks like I'm not playing Splatoon for a while as long as this exists.

Cephalobro

Well, looks like I'm not playing Splatoon for a while as long as this exists.
Looks like yet another reason to postpone my return to this game, not even going to boot up the game until Nintendo fixes this issue. I once had tried to get pure gear for an N'Zap 85 for Special Charge Up in order to mitigate its special charging nerf to beat out other persistent weapons in the meta like the Clash Blaster and the Dualie Squelchers. It took so long for me to do so, and since the shirt that I used was a Splatfest shirt, I only have two permanent gear that has this (maybe a few more accidentally because I wanted Special Charge Up chunks from them).

Last edited:

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Why would anybody be at all surprised about this. This is just a thing that happens even now and again on online games. There's no such thing as a perfect report system, it just happens sometimes. Sucks, but its an online game, these things happen. Unless it starts becoming rampant, it can simple just be a one off.

Cephalobro

Why would anybody be at all surprised about this. This is just a thing that happens even now and again on online games. There's no such thing as a perfect report system, it just happens sometimes. Sucks, but its an online game, these things happen. Unless it starts becoming rampant, it can simple just be a one off.
I mean, if it was a temporary ban, you'd be right. But this wasn't through reporting since reports ban a person for 2 weeks. The reason why it worries me it's because something triggered the anti-cheat system even though it wasn't supposed to in this scenario. A modded weapon is supposed to trigger it, but pure gear that was obtained legitimately isn't.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You do realize there's no proof, right? This guy has no evidence, just his word. For all we know he could have been hacking and decided to rant in a less-than-honest manner. Until something more concrete is shown, I don't think there's any cause for alarm.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is there any confirmation it was the gear though? Perfect gear is extremely easy to obtain and very common online. There's usually at least one or two people with all three pieces of gear being perfects. I doubt there's any checks for that when it comes to cheating.
To be fair, there's more clones this time. But yeah, people are always very hard to please when it comes to Smash.
i blame certain youtubers for me keeping hope for some characters just to have it shattered completely today...them youtube leakers can really be so convincing that you think ''yeah you got a point there they can make it in!'' since i am active on youtube there was no way for me to avoid those videos..so yeah the character reveals were not what i expected but i think alot of people felt that way thanks to certain youtubers >.<
There's always a million rumors going on about Smash, not just on YT. That's just a widespread thing in general. The thing is, unless you see credible pictures or something like that (like with the Smash 3DS character select screen leak) there's no reason to believe any of it. So it's less the fault of people who create those rumors, but more the fault of those who're naive enough to believe them. Seriously, there were so many people who believed that rumor with Ken/Geno/Shadow/Banjo/Mach Rider/Chorus Kids/Isaac. If you can't immediately tell by that list that a fan came up with that, you kind of deserve to be 'dissapointed' to be honest.

Cephalobro

You do realize there's no proof, right? This guy has no evidence, just his word. For all we know he could have been hacking and decided to rant in a less-than-honest manner. Until something more concrete is shown, I don't think there's any cause for alarm.
I hope you're right, I have enough worries as it is.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I hope you're right, I have enough worries as it is.
I see absolutely no reason to believe that having “perfect gear”, whatever that means, would trigger any kind of banning system. I mean, GitGudNAMI wears nothing but swim speed in their trademark set. On top of this, if people call this perfect, or 3x pures perfect, just realize that they’re receiving heavy diminishing returns on their gear and this there’s already an intrinsic balancing system in place. ALSO, as @MINKUKEL mentioned, “perfect” gear is unreasonably easy to obtain compared to the system in Splatoon 1, so seeing people with it is common.

As far as bans go, I would only expect bans on people that use it to gain an otherwise impossible unfair advantage, such as putting Ninja Squid on headgear. This person did SOMETHING stupid and received a ban, or maybe the anti-cheat system pegged him because a lot of people reported him for hacking even though he’s just good, but I can guarantee it wasn’t because his gear was “perfect” unless “perfect” means something like Ninja Squid + Thermal Ink + Respawn Punisher for his set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom