Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
Is it bad I'm hoping they announce the next Smash DLC fighter too just for the inevitable salt people will have because "But I want my favorite character not this guy"?

Cephalobro

Remember that they only said that they are not going to add "new content" anymore, keyword "new". It's still possible to get stuff like gear replicas and older weapons into the game.

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
Remember that they only said that they are not going to add "new content" anymore, keyword "new". It's still possible to get stuff like gear replicas and older weapons into the game.
Actually on that note since I never played the first game (SHAAAAAAAME!), are there any maps in the first game they could potentially carry over?

Cephalobro

Actually on that note since I never played the first game (SHAAAAAAAME!), are there any maps in the first game they could potentially carry over?
Urchin Underpass can definitely carry over with no changes, Flounder Heights might need to be changed slightly to allow Brellas to function there, but Ink Rails can fix it.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Didn’t they say Skipper Pavilion would be the last map though?
I was thinking this as well, but they may have carefully worded it as the"Last NEW map". With the return of Sheldon's Picks it wouldn't surprise me if they added some of the old maps later on; I know people have been pretty eager for Urchin Underpass to return at the very least, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I was thinking this as well, but they may have carefully worded it as the"Last NEW map". With the return of Sheldon's Picks it wouldn't surprise me if they added some of the old maps later on; I know people have been pretty eager for Urchin Underpass to return at the very least, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Well if that’s the case, I’d like to see the remaining stages from the OG5 of the first game. So, the return of Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig (as controversial as that map is). Additionally, I’d like to see Flounder Heights and Mahi Mahi Resort make a return, as those were my favorite maps in Splatoon 1.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I feel Urchin isn't coming back purely on principle. It was essentially the icon map of Splatoon 1, and I feel like they might want to keep it that way. Same with say the Reef for Splatoon 2, I don't expect it to carry into the eventual Splatoon 3.

Cephalobro

I want Flounder Heights to return, I loved everything about that stage, the aesthetics were great, I loved how we were battling on top of an apartment building with Jellyfish watching us from the inside. The layout was perfect, it prevented spawn-camping as well.

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Saltspray is...an interesting map. Definitely one of the more 'objective' based TW maps, I would prefer if they repurposed it for Salmon Run but that's highly unlikely.
I want to see Hammerhead Bridge again, that was a fun map, especially before it got patched.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Okay so, I didn’t watch the direct. -but I’ll guess from the complete silence here that nothing of value was said about Splatoon or its last few weapons?

Cephalobro

Okay so, I didn’t watch the direct. -but I’ll guess from the complete silence here that nothing of value was said about Splatoon or its last few weapons?
Nothing about Splatoon 2 was said at all, luckily, the tournament in March might give us information on at least Sheldon's Picks.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well it's nearing March, so I guess Sheldon's Picks will be dropping with the next monthly map rotation and/or update.

Meanwhile, remember those Inkopolis magazines found in Deepsea Metro? Turns out that's now also yet another artbook! ...looks like I'm gonna stop waiting for English versions and just buy them as is...

Oh, and in June: Off the Hook plushies!

Cephalobro

Well it's nearing March, so I guess Sheldon's Picks will be dropping with the next monthly map rotation and/or update.

Meanwhile, remember those Inkopolis magazines found in Deepsea Metro? Turns out that's now also yet another artbook! ...looks like I'm gonna stop waiting for English versions and just buy them as is...

That's why I said that Splatoon 2 has two artbooks, one for the base game and the other for the Octo Expansion. I'm hoping both of them receive official translations before Splatoon 3 comes out. Well, there is an European Splatoon 2 tournament that will happen in March, maybe they could show some of the new content as well as Sheldon's Picks after the tournament? Also, before Marina got a plush of herself, I thought she was adorable, mainly because of her eyebrows and personality, but the plush makes her even cuter than she already was.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So how many Splatoon 2 artbooks are floating around? Are there only two, because I keep thinking there are three.

Cephalobro

So how many Splatoon 2 artbooks are floating around? Are there only two, because I keep thinking there are three.
There are only two Splatoon 2 artbooks, Splatoon 1 did have an artbook, which is already officially translated to English, it is called "The Art of Splatoon". The Splatoon 2 artbooks haven't been officially translated yet.

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.

Wow that's some nice stuff. I should get a pin on something off Etsy.

awedry

Full Squid
Looks like North America finally received the five Main Power Up drink tickets that Japan got. Access through the Switch news feed/Squid Research Lab. Now i can finally work on some gear since several months of Salmon Run only got me two MPU tickets.

I also hear that Special Power Up chunks are also available in Japan?

~A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom