• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Squidboards Suggestion Thread

AdphæeXD

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
You know the text color feature? When you tap the droplet on the tool bar, it displays a pop up to select color. It's eal-ly nice, but the way it is organized is not very colorblind friendly. Like, I have no idea which color is what, so if the pop up was organized in the usual rainbow order that would be helpful. Alternatively, you could add a colorblind mode that displays the name of the colors in the pop up.

This might just be a mobile thing, but I remember having these troubles on computer.

Best Regards
AdphæeXD

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
Did you run into unexpected difficulties, or did life just get in the way?
It's a mix of things! Life stuff, catching up on work after a few weeks away, as well as it not being a simple process.

The new version needs to be tested, we have a number of add-ons that need to be checked for compatibility, and some Squidboards specific modifications that need to be updated based off any changes to either of those.

It is a bit of a process but it's on my list!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
The new version needs to be tested, we have a number of add-ons that need to be checked for compatibility, and some Squidboards specific modifications that need to be updated based off any changes to either of those.
Hey not really a suggestion but heck I just appreciate all the work that must go into this. I haven't actively maintained any forums in over a decade but when I read this post I suddenly got painfully vivid flashbacks of all the tedium of testing version upgrades and trying to fix all the addons and custom modifications they broke, lol. I don't know if it's better or worse these days (and I'm sure y'all are way more experienced/better equipped than I was) but kudos regardless. I hope it goes as smoothly and painlessly as it possibly can.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Add the ability to search in a specific thread. As far as I can tell there isn't a way to do this currently and for longer threads, finding a specific message can take a while

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
There doesn't appear to be a save draft button on mobile? This would be really helpful for when I start a post on my phone and want to finish it on my computer, instead of trying to guess when it autosaves.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
more post reaction options would be very cool. At the very least I keep wanting to react with a normal ❤ which carries a very different tone from the 😍 icon, at least to me. Also 🤗 and 🎉 would be nice. "Like" just feels very... sterile to me for most situations, heh.
I think it's important to not add too many, to avoid bloat. We're not trying to go full Discord emotes here. "Like" is a great generic option that can function as many of the more specific emotes (like 🎉 or 👆) without taking up a whole bunch of space and making it hard to find. I love the simplicity of it. I also kind of feel like ❤ would overlap with it too much, but maybe that's just me.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, they definitely shouldn't get too out of hand; I think anything more than 10 would be pushing it. But adding a few more wouldn't do any harm, and I think enabling easier communication of more specific positive feelings tends to facilitate a more welcoming community especially among those who are still in their lurking phase or are simply more shy.

There is an argument to be made that allowing someone to express a sentiment via a react instead of 'just using their words' might defeat the purpose of a platform for communicating with words, but I personally feel that having more nuanced reaction options can be a form of social accessibility. To me "like" is too generic and barely communicates any actual meaning (and there's always that awkwardness of 'liking' a post in which someone is talking about their bad day, as if you like the fact that they're having a hard time, lol). But with other options you can specifically communicate enthusiasm, support, celebration, etc.. But I dunno, maybe that's just personal preferences, communication differences, or even generational differences and I'm showing my age here :P

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
honestly if we could just make one change to the reactions, i’d change 😍 to ❤

i cannot use the 😍 react because it feels so awkward and forward lol. meanwhile ❤ as a reaction is very versatile - it can mean “i love this!” on somebody’s ideas or art or something, it can be “i care” if it’s on somebody posting about a bad day, it can be a “thank you” if it’s to someone complimenting you…

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
honestly if we could just make one change to the reactions, i’d change 😍 to ❤

i cannot use the 😍 react because it feels so awkward and forward lol. meanwhile ❤ as a reaction is very versatile - it can mean “i love this!” on somebody’s ideas or art or something, it can be “i care” if it’s on somebody posting about a bad day, it can be a “thank you” if it’s to someone complimenting you…
Seconding this, even if no other changes were made, this one alone would go a long way and would be fairly simple to implement.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Can you please make it so I can toggle getting notifications if someone I follow makes a post? I'm not sure if that already exists but if it does it doesn't work, and it would be nice to see what the people I follow are doing other than checking my news feed which is sometimes hard to access and I personally don't like.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
instant messenger/private chat that is actually instant. I hate waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom