Squidboards Suggestion Thread

AdphæeXD

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
You know the text color feature? When you tap the droplet on the tool bar, it displays a pop up to select color. It's eal-ly nice, but the way it is organized is not very colorblind friendly. Like, I have no idea which color is what, so if the pop up was organized in the usual rainbow order that would be helpful. Alternatively, you could add a colorblind mode that displays the name of the colors in the pop up.

This might just be a mobile thing, but I remember having these troubles on computer.

Best Regards
AdphæeXD

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
Did you run into unexpected difficulties, or did life just get in the way?
It's a mix of things! Life stuff, catching up on work after a few weeks away, as well as it not being a simple process.

The new version needs to be tested, we have a number of add-ons that need to be checked for compatibility, and some Squidboards specific modifications that need to be updated based off any changes to either of those.

It is a bit of a process but it's on my list!

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
The new version needs to be tested, we have a number of add-ons that need to be checked for compatibility, and some Squidboards specific modifications that need to be updated based off any changes to either of those.
Hey not really a suggestion but heck I just appreciate all the work that must go into this. I haven't actively maintained any forums in over a decade but when I read this post I suddenly got painfully vivid flashbacks of all the tedium of testing version upgrades and trying to fix all the addons and custom modifications they broke, lol. I don't know if it's better or worse these days (and I'm sure y'all are way more experienced/better equipped than I was) but kudos regardless. I hope it goes as smoothly and painlessly as it possibly can.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Add the ability to search in a specific thread. As far as I can tell there isn't a way to do this currently and for longer threads, finding a specific message can take a while

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
There doesn't appear to be a save draft button on mobile? This would be really helpful for when I start a post on my phone and want to finish it on my computer, instead of trying to guess when it autosaves.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
more post reaction options would be very cool. At the very least I keep wanting to react with a normal ❤ which carries a very different tone from the 😍 icon, at least to me. Also 🤗 and 🎉 would be nice. "Like" just feels very... sterile to me for most situations, heh.
I think it's important to not add too many, to avoid bloat. We're not trying to go full Discord emotes here. "Like" is a great generic option that can function as many of the more specific emotes (like 🎉 or 👆) without taking up a whole bunch of space and making it hard to find. I love the simplicity of it. I also kind of feel like ❤ would overlap with it too much, but maybe that's just me.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, they definitely shouldn't get too out of hand; I think anything more than 10 would be pushing it. But adding a few more wouldn't do any harm, and I think enabling easier communication of more specific positive feelings tends to facilitate a more welcoming community especially among those who are still in their lurking phase or are simply more shy.

There is an argument to be made that allowing someone to express a sentiment via a react instead of 'just using their words' might defeat the purpose of a platform for communicating with words, but I personally feel that having more nuanced reaction options can be a form of social accessibility. To me "like" is too generic and barely communicates any actual meaning (and there's always that awkwardness of 'liking' a post in which someone is talking about their bad day, as if you like the fact that they're having a hard time, lol). But with other options you can specifically communicate enthusiasm, support, celebration, etc.. But I dunno, maybe that's just personal preferences, communication differences, or even generational differences and I'm showing my age here :P

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
honestly if we could just make one change to the reactions, i’d change 😍 to ❤

i cannot use the 😍 react because it feels so awkward and forward lol. meanwhile ❤ as a reaction is very versatile - it can mean “i love this!” on somebody’s ideas or art or something, it can be “i care” if it’s on somebody posting about a bad day, it can be a “thank you” if it’s to someone complimenting you…

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
honestly if we could just make one change to the reactions, i’d change 😍 to ❤

i cannot use the 😍 react because it feels so awkward and forward lol. meanwhile ❤ as a reaction is very versatile - it can mean “i love this!” on somebody’s ideas or art or something, it can be “i care” if it’s on somebody posting about a bad day, it can be a “thank you” if it’s to someone complimenting you…
Seconding this, even if no other changes were made, this one alone would go a long way and would be fairly simple to implement.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Can you please make it so I can toggle getting notifications if someone I follow makes a post? I'm not sure if that already exists but if it does it doesn't work, and it would be nice to see what the people I follow are doing other than checking my news feed which is sometimes hard to access and I personally don't like.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
You should add a vc option in squidboards

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
amacro
instant messenger/private chat that is actually instant. I hate waiting