The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
One of my pet peeves is when Im the only one inking turf when we have control of the objective in ranked, then i blink, and we lost control of the map.
PSA: ink turf while you can, everybody. it pays to have control of the map in this game, seriously. it can be the difference between an enemy comeback or you holding a vicegrip on the objective the entire match.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
This. This exactly. Do you have control? Are the enemies all or mostly dead? Great! PAINT LIKE YOU'RE BEING PAID FOR IT.
oh ya .. leson learned:) I'm sure its happened before;) We got wiped and had it for so long once we got control again it was 1 plus like 70.. Basically starting over. Back and fourth a bit and they came out on top. Was sooo salt though. 1 sccond ..

Cerebralbore101

Inkster Jr.
Dear, Team

On Rainmaker please stop wandering around far away from the action, inking random patches of turf. You are effectively turning it into a 3 vs 4 match, and it's getting really ****ing annoying.

Please stop taking the suboptimal route to the enemy base with the rainmaker on the map with the straightaway in the corner. You can either go up two sets of ramps giving the enemy team a thousand angles on you and your team, or you can use the straightaway abuse the power of a team's artillery formation. One wins games. The other makes me die a ton.

Please stop going in with builds that have no answers to Snipers when Moray towers is one of the two maps.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Well S+ zones has really beaten me down badly. Four losses in a row, and sure enough, people spamming ink armor, octobrushes spamming autobombs and magically killing me 5 feet out of their range, teammates blocking my shots when I'm a jet squelcher on a perch laying down zones cover, me getting stuck with some Aerospray user who thinks its a good idea to bring one into ranked, it's like I never left the lower ranks!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Zones is like, my kryptonite in this game. With RM/TC it's at least clear where you need to go and where everyone else is, but in zones everyone is like everywhere, most likely behind you. Making a coordinated push against the legions of tri-sloshers and octobrushes waiting on the other side isn't fun. That they for some reason decide to dump everything in one huge area instead of two smaller ones makes it much more easier to camp aswell. I haven't really had any problems making my winning streaks with TC/RM, but Zones(or should it just be called Zone) is a whole 'nother story.

I'd really love to use the heavy on it, but Stingray already being weak is so much worse on zones where everything is spread out.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Good lord, what is WRONG with me?! I haven't changed role or the weapon that got me to A- in the first place, and now I'm C+. I can't aim so I have very few weapon choices. Highly considering selling up the game after such a horrid loss streak.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I haven't changed role or the weapon that got me to A- in the first place, and now I'm C+. I can't aim so I have very few weapon choices.
Do you just use one sole weapon in ranked all the time? Sounds like you having an off period with it if that's the case. Having more than one weapon to main and switch out between can help perks things up sometimes, even within ranked.

...And yes, I personally believe I have bad aim too, myself. But I keep a few non-gun weapons handy (Tri-Slosher, Carbon Roller, Splat Roller, Dynamo Roller, Inkbrush...) to help balance that.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Good lord, what is WRONG with me?! I haven't changed role or the weapon that got me to A- in the first place, and now I'm C+. I can't aim so I have very few weapon choices. Highly considering selling up the game after such a horrid loss streak.
Are you using motion controls or sticks. If you are having trouble aiming, motion is much more ideal. And if you need to practice, play a lot of the single player to get a good feel for motion controls. You will have a better time aiming if you do.

Also, loss streaks are definitely not something that should not happen, they just do, no matter how well you play. I managed to get through all of S rank splatzones with only two losses, I get to S+ and I lose 5 matches in a row. My performance didn't really drop much, the other teams just either had good momentum or their weapons shut mine down easily.

The game is still very new, it would be a shame to give up on it now even after a really nasty loss streak. You can only improve from here on out.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
Do you just use one sole weapon in ranked all the time? Sounds like you having an off period with it if that's the case. Having more than one weapon to main and switch out between can help perks things up sometimes, even within ranked.

...And yes, I personally believe I have bad aim too, myself. But I keep a few non-gun weapons handy (Tri-Slosher, Carbon Roller, Splat Roller, Dynamo Roller, Inkbrush...) to help balance that.
I also use the Slosher, Inkbrush and Octobrush, but since I couldn't even get started with any of them, I tried Rollers on a whim. The Krak'On Roller gave me such a massive win streak I stuck with it.

Are you using motion controls or sticks. If you are having trouble aiming, motion is much more ideal. And if you need to practice, play a lot of the single player to get a good feel for motion controls. You will have a better time aiming if you do.

Also, loss streaks are definitely not something that should not happen, they just do, no matter how well you play. I managed to get through all of S rank splatzones with only two losses, I get to S+ and I lose 5 matches in a row. My performance didn't really drop much, the other teams just either had good momentum or their weapons shut mine down easily.

The game is still very new, it would be a shame to give up on it now even after a really nasty loss streak. You can only improve from here on out.
I can't use motion controls for two reasons. First I play exclusively on handheld mode, and the constant console movement is nauseating. Second I have to play while lying down - I am often pinned down due to my health - which completely screws up the Gyro sensor. Even trying to reset the camera doesn't help, I have to awkwardly lean up and forward, which I can't keep up in the short, let alone long term.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I can't use motion controls for two reasons. First I play exclusively on handheld mode, and the constant console movement is nauseating. Second I have to play while lying down - I am often pinned down due to my health - which completely screws up the Gyro sensor. Even trying to reset the camera doesn't help, I have to awkwardly lean up and forward, which I can't keep up in the short, let alone long term.
I understand then. The gyro controls do not respond well when people are laying down from what I recall. I would recommend you give yourself a break from ranked, and maybe the game for a few days.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Im not sure what is is, but my salmon run groups were just plain awful today...ranked down on it as result. Teamates kept getting splatted and I was the survivor most of the time. Even worse- all the uncommon events were being spammed.

Cod help me.

ÇĦËF

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SW-4986-6175-120
Okay, I gotta admit that the new Splat Duelies make me Salty as h e c k. The amount of range they tot, even with the reduced fire rate, makes them almost like regular shooters and gives them both extensive long and short range capabilities, you see with regular shooters if they get surprised, for most splatoon players it's pretty much over; however a borderline sniper that can DODGE ROLL OUT OF MY ATTACK and any other dangers that dare tread on it's turf on the other hand is pretty powerful, I'd dare to even say a bit OP tbh.

I'm also salty about the carbon rollers regular horizontal flick doing exactly 100 damage now cause it means if the person i'm attacking is an inch out of my range, I'm gonna do just barely not enough damage to splat them and leave me open to my impending doom. (Trust me, it's a pretty gray line when a flick will and will not kill someone right in front of you. Also there's only 1 set for it right now, but the set it has suits it pretty well.

Final thing i'm salty about is the tanta missiles. These things are OP as H E C K. First of all it gives you the ability to see every enemy on the map (which has some serious META/competative applications), secondly once someones targeted their position in ink can be seen by ANYONE in view of them, thirdly it fires 4 missiles that ink a surprising amount of turf per missile that have a pretty big splash damage radius (which does count towards the next ult), and finally it can one hit splat you. That's right, if even 1 of those 4 missiles hits you directly (and that's assuming you're not near teammates and accidentally get in the way of THEIR missiles which can also 1 hit splat you), it's an instant splat. This doesn't sound OP on paper cause you can just think "oh i'll just get out of the way", but when you're in the middle of the battlefield, most the time you're either inking turf, fighting enemies, or are near your teammates, it gets so much deadlier so much quicker than you think. and if you get put in a match that has 3-4 enemies with that special, your will learn quickly how deadly and annoying it can be.

And thats enough salt for me for one day. Imma stop typing before all my meals for the next week tastes like pure salt.

jkid391

Senior Squid
When you have people that don't try to defend or push or even help teammates in need. They are just off in some random area getting splatted, while me and maybe 1 other person are defending the area near our base and trying to push. Then there are AFK people. Sometimes I understand, but it just happens so many times it's ridiculous!

Next up, I haven't seen too many people use it yet, but the Splash-O-Matic.

OOOHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHOHO, THE SPLASH-O-MATIC.
I hated fighting those things in the first game, and all of the few people I have seen play with it have made me saltier than ocean. Their decent range, INSANELY high fire rate, and the damage similar to Dualies are bad enough by themselves. I forgot the sub weapon and special for it, but if it's anything like the first game, then the people with Splash-O-Matics I have to fight in the future are gonna make me CRAZY salty.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Got a chance to play league matches for the first time. Not sure how I feel about the whole, play seven matches before we properly calculate your team's splat power.

Anywho~, league splat zones! Not sure which is more annoying: chargers with bomb rush launcher specials or me repeatedly and successfully sniping chargers with the Sting Ray special but NEVER being allowed to splat them no matter how beautiful my aim and predicting is!

And there was also that one inkjet I ALMOST swatted out of the sky with the Sting Ray as well, but her special ended and auto jumped to safety before I could splat her. I think she flipped me off before she flew away... ¬¬

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
but if it's anything like the first game, then the people with Splash-O-Matics I have to fight in the future are gonna make me CRAZY salty.
current splash-o-matic has Toxic Mist and Inkjet
The variant comes with Burst Bomb and Suction Bomb Launcher, so get ready for that. ;p

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Final thing i'm salty about is the tanta missiles. These things are OP as H E C K. First of all it gives you the ability to see every enemy on the map (which has some serious META/competative applications)
They're avoidable, though. The target can see where they're about to come down, and it tells you when you've been targeted. Yes, you the user can see the other team when you're getting ready to fire them off, but you can only aim them at whoever's inside the little circle on the screen at that moment. The trick is to get the target/s cornered somewhere. I love the tenta missiles but rarely get more than one person with them unless I'm familiar with the map I'm on =p
The variant comes with Burst Bomb and Suction Bomb Launcher, so get ready for that. ;p
oh YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
If there's only 1 steelhead or so & I'm a charger, can my team PLEASE take out the salmonids around the steelhead so I can aim properly. Seriously steelheads go down with 1 shot from a charger. I'd rather not get splatted by chum when I'm trying to help my team out.

& in splat zones, if you're in the zone & you're being targeted by tenta missiles, do us a favor & lure the missiles outside of the zone!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If there's only 1 steelhead or so & I'm a charger, can my team PLEASE take out the salmonids around the steelhead so I can aim properly. Seriously steelheads go down with 1 shot from a charger. I'd rather not get splatted by chum when I'm trying to help my team out.
This was literally me earlier today. Everyone seems to forget that chargers do NOT handle being overtaken by enemy hoards all that well. Especially in your face.

On that note, when I was getting salty today, I seen a charger who kept focusing on the tiny little salmonids and other small enemies...rather than the Boss salmonids that were right within his reach. The Boss enemies were steelheads, too...

Lyka Phoxx

Full Squid
NNID
Pheodus
Time to get some Salmon run salt out of the way.

If I see your little life raft floating aimlessly toward me and it is either behind or surrounded by a massive herd of stampeding Salmonid minions and bosses, I don't care how much you spam the "HELP!" button, I am not going to resuscitate you. You are going to have to either find someone that will, or you're just gonna have to wait. Not getting splatted because you got aggressive/greedy.

I know it is probably the increasing difficulty, But how in the blue hell are Steel Eels appearing out of ****ing nowhere? And seemingly by the half dozen it feels like? And with somehow enough of a sixth sense to corner me where ever I go?

Smallfrys...**** 'EM!!!

Note to teammates: If you are given a weapon that resembles having some range, especially Chargers and Splatlings, it is your responsibility to take care of Salmonids for whom our weapons can't reach (Damn Steelheads.) If you've been splatted already, we can resurrect you, assuming you are not anywhere near any massive herd of stampeding Salmonid minions and bosses. Otherwise, don't screw us over because you don't want to play with a weapon you're not familiar with.

Do you want to increase your mobility while carrying golden eggs and avoiding massive herds of stampeding Salmonid minions and bosses? Try inking the walls! They DO matter in this mode!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I know it is probably the increasing difficulty, But how in the blue hell are Steel Eels appearing out of ****ing nowhere? And seemingly by the half dozen it feels like? And with somehow enough of a sixth sense to corner me where ever I go?
I ran into where we had maybe 4 steelheads huddling up to our Egg basket. I was stuck with a slosher- I couldn't handle all FOUR of them by myself, yet my team runs to the far end of the map. Carrying the eggs that we needed....Nice.

It must be the great Steelhead migration that we all ran into today....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom