The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
So i check Splatnet2 to see my recent battles, and I found out that my win/loss for this Splatfest was 29/11. It seems good, but the fact that I still feel burnt out and bitter over the whole experience really bugs me. I should be elated or at the very least satisfied, but I don't for some reason. Some of the losses were just so bad that they stuck with me in my mind and overwrote almost all my winning games, I guess that's a decent explanation as to why. I just wish the human mind didnt prioritize crappy memories over the happy ones. ;p

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.

Foyerpause and the Japanese named person, congrats, you ruined my fun mood and proved you are pieces of living garbage. First, you just spam ink armor, and you have the gall to seabag me because you splatted me with your broken special. If by some miracle you happen to be on this forum, you are trash. Thanks for bullying me, really appreciate that.

I wanted to enjoy the last hour and a half of Splatfest to have some fun, but I had to turn the game off because I'm just so frustrated and angry.

Last edited:

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Only had a Mayo-on-Mayo match once in the hour I played, so I guess Ketchup got the popular vote this time. They also seem to be the l33t-skillz crowd, though it's hard to tell given the NA tactic of all spawn camp all the time. The few matches I had that were evenly matched were very enjoyable, so overall not too bad!

Shifty Station is fun, especially that one time my entire team got marooned on one of the moving platforms :'D

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Teams keep leaving spawn in one or two trails of ink. Teams keep rushing to the center. Teams get wiped or surrounded. Other team claims center and pushes forward because their side of the map is mostly filled in already. Team spends rest of match simultaneously filling in and battering ramming their way into the defended center.

Your claim center first then fill in after respawning "meta" is stupid!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
One thing that drives me up the walls for Turf War is either
A) people bum rush the center, die, we lost the match because the match snowballed out of control because of that
B) people spend WAY too much time inking their own side and don't prioritize getting control of the center
You gotta find the happy middle ground between inking your own side and inking the center. Ink most of your side, and focus on the center, and when you get splatted, you can fill in some of the spots you missed on your side on your way back to the center.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Valid.

Personally, I de-emphasize the thirst over everyone's oh so precious center, especially when when you encounter opponents or teams smart enough to just go around and then proceed to mock your team's tiny little island they wanted to cling to instead of paying attention to the rest of the map. Even in Turf War you can still win most maps without the center if you have everything else around the center in your possession.

Harupittan

Inkling
Just getting the 5 minute wait penalty for having connection errors that seem "Prrrreeety Suspicious" to the game....that leaves me salty enough.

Yes game, I know. My connection is iffy durring some hours. Yes- that must be suspicious that I got errors AT THE START OF A MATCH. *Sigh*

Maybe they can fix this a little better? I hope...
This. This right here. My ISP is terrible, but it's the only one I can get currently. Nothing sucks more than playing a good game to the last second, already seeing the end screen, and then... Disconnect and lose all the progress you would've made.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969

Foyerpause and the Japanese named person, congrats, you ruined my fun mood and proved you are pieces of living garbage. First, you just spam ink armor, and you have the gall to seabag me because you splatted me with your broken special. If by some miracle you happen to be on this forum, you are trash. Thanks for bullying me, really appreciate that.

I wanted to enjoy the last hour and a half of Splatfest to have some fun, but I had to turn the game off because I'm just so frustrated and angry.
Oh man, i'm doing a 180 turn on my attitude about squidbagging. It's annoying. But i usually just brush it off right thereafter, it's better to stay level-headed for the remainder of the match.
But hey, let's hope the Tri-Slosher finally gets nerfed with the next patch!

Had a similar scenario this splatfest with an Areo squidbagging me, the only way he ever could get me was because i wanted to overextend to snag the turf behind them. I'd blast that idiot if it weren't for the splattershot pro carrying their team.

I've have more respect for this one squid who was on the other side who decided to squid party on their own. It was a mayo vs mayo battle, so it didn't matter much in the long run who won and lost. Nobody joined him so i just partied w/ him inbetween fighting the rest of their team, was fun. At least squid parties are done in good jest!

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
One of my splatfest matches:
I'm with 3 LV9 Areo players vs a c.a. LV20 brush, tri-slosher, blaster and splattershot.
I was a carbon roller, so i though i was pretty much dead already.

But by some unknown miracle, we managed to actually control the battlefield.
I was stilling splatting the most but those Areo's, they were actually splatting and not dying and we manage to hold them for 2 and a half minute.
But then in the last ******* 30 seconds, they finally manage to break through.
We still went all-or nothing and pushed on on their territory.

Then we lost with 0.5% difference.
#Saltiest Catch

still gg though.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Oh man, i'm doing a 180 turn on my attitude about squidbagging. It's annoying. But i usually just brush it off right thereafter, it's better to stay level-headed for the remainder of the match.
Yeah I usually try to just laugh off people taunting me in the game, but something just snapped in me and I felt terrible afterwards. I think it was primarily due to the two of them having a Tri slosher and N Zap, and that we had been pushed back into a corner the whole map because we could not make a dent in their ink armor advance. The thought of someone who has been dominating the whole match being such sore winners really ticks me off.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Yeah I usually try to just laugh off people taunting me in the game, but something just snapped in me and I felt terrible afterwards. I think it was primarily due to the two of them having a Tri slosher and N Zap, and that we had been pushed back into a corner the whole map because we could not make a dent in their ink armor advance. The thought of someone who has been dominating the whole match being such sore winners really ticks me off.
I really hate that when it happens. Literally, one time my entire team just gave up and all of them disconnected. What the heck team.

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
Stuck in spawn with the entire other team just outside range waiting or shooting at the spawnpoint. The second you swim out the whole team mobs me. Check the map, what's my team up to?? Hiding in corners not inking anything at all..Man I miss being the only non Japanese player in my que.

Dog King

Full Squid
Ok, in the game I just played on Sturgeon Shipyard, the rainmaker glitched into the map after the enemy team pushed it to 85. For the rest of the match, it was stuck there, and there was nothing we could do about it. We lost the match and my rank meter cracked because it thought I did awful not being able to push the rainmaker! I'm seething right now!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ok, in the game I just played on Sturgeon Shipyard, the rainmaker glitched into the map after the enemy team pushed it to 85. For the rest of the match, it was stuck there, and there was nothing we could do about it. We lost the match and my rank meter cracked because it thought I did awful not being able to push the rainmaker! I'm seething right now!
Thaaaaaaaaat's patch-worthy. Maybe report that to Nintendo with as much detail as you can.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The logical conclusion of the Aerospray mania: two idiots that think it's a good idea to bring the obnoxious thing to League. That match was basically rigged, and they did as well as you'd expect. BAH!

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I had an awesome Rainmaker session today where I managed to get all the way from a completely fresh C- start to B+ in about an hour and a half, but my satisfaction was somewhat undermined by a match where I got lumbered with the actual worst team I've ever seen.

We started the match really strong, taking control of the centre and setting up for a great push. Except no-one wanted to take the Rainmaker. It ended up falling to me, despite my .96 Gal probably being a better support weapon than most of my teammates' (we had at least one Aerospray user who wasn't going to be useful for much else, that's for sure). But when I finally did grab the Rainmaker, my allies made no effort to ink a trail for me or generally support me at all. They all ****ed around painting the base leaving me to try and push into enemy territory alone, and unsurprisingly I ended up getting surrounded and slaughtered in seconds. For the entire rest of the game we had at least two people wasting time in the base while myself and my one sometimes-useful teammate actually tried to play the objective, and we came dangerously close to losing multiple times as a result. We somehow managed to pull out the win, but we ended up going to time and winning by an extremely narrow margin when, with a start like that, we should have been able to win quickly and conclusively.

The really baffling thing is that this happened in B-. I'd have understood it in C- and maybe even C or C+, but I have no idea how such a completely useless lot ever got into B to begin with.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
The really baffling thing is that this happened in B-. I'd have understood it in C- and maybe even C or C+, but I have no idea how such a completely useless lot ever got into B to begin with.
Ugh, tell me about it. Ive been putting off doing rainmaker cos im in B+ and since my main is a support roll, we all know how that goes. It's the Heavy Splatling, and I wanna get more practice with it in lower ranks while I still can before I get mercilessly destroyed in higher ranks. I guess I need to do it sooner or later.

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
Ugh, tell me about it. Ive been putting off doing rainmaker cos im in B+ and since my main is a support roll, we all know how that goes. It's the Heavy Splatling, and I wanna get more practice with it in lower ranks while I still can before I get mercilessly destroyed in higher ranks. I guess I need to do it sooner or later.
Yeah, it's definitely not fun having to rely on the competence of others in a mode with random matchmaking. I get that carrying the Rainmaker isn't exactly a fun time since it makes you a largely defenceless target, but come on.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I swear my teams in C were, on average, more competent than the ones in B. Maybe it's just because I had higher expectations of B players, but I felt like we were carrying at least one player per game.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Yeah, it's definitely not fun having to rely on the competence of others in a mode with random matchmaking. I get that carrying the Rainmaker isn't exactly a fun time since it makes you a largely defenceless target, but come on.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I swear my teams in C were, on average, more competent than the ones in B. Maybe it's just because I had higher expectations of B players, but I felt like we were carrying at least one player per game.
ranked mode is super wonky atm. it's gonna be a while before everyone ranks up and down to the ranks they deserve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom