A Wild Splatoon Update Appears! (Version 2.2.0)

Hi squids! It's Hank from Nintendome! Nintendo just announced a new 2.2.0 update for Splatoon. They made some adjustments to the ranking system, as well as some light tweaks to game mechanics within ranked game modes. However, the big news with this update comes from Nintendo's weapon balancing.

Notably, Splash Walls, Krakens, and even Inkzookas were all nerfed. Not even the mighty Dynamo Roller was able to escape weapon balancing this time.

If you want all of the specifics, Nintendo has actually provided a comprehensive list of all of the changes it has made to various weapons in the 2.2.0 update. Take a look at all of the changes in the PDF linked below:

For more Splatoon updates, be sure to check back in at Squidboards!

Comments

I'm so glad I kept up the practice with the splatterscope and not the E-litre. Never has it looked so attractive as of this moment. Shame about the Dynamo nerfs but I will give it a proper farewall for the splatfest (nah, i'm still using it lol).

But them squelcher buffs though...
Splash walls needs to die honestly, it's centralizing the meta too much.
And lol at the inkzooka nerf, looking like diddy kong over there.

The roller nerfs aren't as bad as you may think (at least not for the krak on + splat roller) it just means you have to be more accurate and actually work hard for your kills.

Humph....the weapon that got me to Rank S and the Weapon that got me to rank A+ both nerfed....(Dynamo to A+ Luna to S)

But not so bad! I see I don't need damage up anymore for the Luna Blaster!

As for the Dynamo...why Nintendo....WHY?

And the squelcher buff man! I'm sorry I abandoned you dual squelcher! Please! I want you back!

I like these buffs, but some of these nerfs are cruel. Splash Walls have a ton of health, Blasters are hurt a ton (especially ones with damage up), Kracken was given 3 nerfs (200 points, larger hitbox, cooldown time) and Dynamo Rollers get two major nerfs, (and possibly decreased damage when repeatedly swung)

Argh... the Roller nerf... it hurts! Still need to see exactly how much smaller their 1-hit kill hitbox is, but god damn the wide radius is a big part of why I like em a lot.

Blaster nerf isn't too bad, just makes strength ups unnecessary, which is also kinda good actually as it frees up ability slots for other things. Rapid Blaster buffs were definitely welcome that's for sure, and hopefully they apply to the Pro variant aswell.

I actually expected this to be how they hit E-Liters, though hard to say exactly how much it affects. Damage ups should hopefully still be useful here, especially with the normal version's Burst Bombs.

Splattershot is still a 3-hit kill, but now I think just one defense up main turns it into a 4-hit kill so that's significant. Conversely, to make the Splash-O-Matic take an extra shot to kill now requires 3 defense up mains instead of 1 so that's good.

Splash Wall nerf was expected, but it should still be good, just not as good as before, so they definitely went about it the right way. Not really sure if the Point Sensor was buffed or nerfed though lol.

More nerfs to the Inzooka and Kraken were not surprising and are for the most part fair. Oh, but of course, still no Inkstrike buff. Do they really think it's better than the Killer Wail?

As a person who uses the brushes, I'm glad we got a lil buff. Just a weebit. uvu)!
BUT MY KRAKEN BABY THOUGH! AND THE INKZOOKA THAT'S GONNA BE FOR THE NEW OCTOBRUSH! UGH. ;A;
Oh but please, continue to mess up the rollers and blasters!
I'm in love with this! CONTINUE TO RUIN THEIR LIVES!

I wish they buffed the ink mine. At the moment they're a hassle to set up because of how long it takes and when you try to put one when you don't have enough ink, it does the whole animation and then it tells you, you don't have enough ink. I wish they lowered the amount of time it takes to set up and makes it so that it's ready to detonate as soon as you put it down. But i'm pretty content with the rest. These days i've been running dual squelchers with run speed ups to positive results, and the fact that they're now faster by default makes me a really happy squidkid.

Last edited:
Buff for the Splash-o-Matic AND bomb rush ? Well time to go back to my very first main weapon :D
On the other hand, my precious Splat Roller...:(

Also, the Nozzlenoses are gonna rise from the shadows...

Most of these adjustments seem pretty good...and while maybe zooka needed another nerf, I think they went a bit too far with that one. Hopefully it'll remain a useful special

Finallyyyyyyy ! They nerfed dynamos :D I'm so relieved... '-'
The new system for ranking points seems more fair now too ^^

Anyone else notice that they goofed up and *officially* announced the Bamboozler 14 MK II?

Stay fresh indeed :p

E3K got a 33% increase in charge time across the board

Brutal, quad damage gear is more important than ever before for it

E3K got a 33% increase in charge time across the board

Brutal, quad damage gear is more important than ever before for it
What are you talking about? E-liter did not get an increase in charge time. The changes made to the weapon were that it's damage scalar will be changed so that it can't one shot at 3/4s a full charge anymore. This is good because that quick charge to kill speed was bull. It gave an unnecessary advantage for the weapon that other chargers did not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom