• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Screwing with kits as well

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Already gave Ndapples TSD with torp which is probably going to change and I gave vapples Suction missiles. Beakon just doesn’t work for it and TSD was considering that it does 70 on indirect.
How much endlag is there after landing from TSD? I could see it having pretty good synergy considering it has 3 rolls now and only has to land one shot. Although anyone far enough away to only take 70 damage might be too far away even considering the rolls.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
How much endlag is there after landing from TSD? I could see it having pretty good synergy considering it has 3 rolls now and only has to land one shot. Although anyone far enough away to only take 70 damage might be too far away even considering the rolls.
From what I know of, there is no endlag. Though I can see TSD being a mixup option specifically for dapples now that it has three rolls

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
From what I know of, there is no endlag. Though I can see TSD being a mixup option specifically for dapples now that it has three rolls
It wouldn't help it against ranged opponents, but it's not like the weapon exactly struggles with people rushing it down either

As a mixup option... idk. I guess if you've already used your rolls and you're in their range still but they're out of yours? That feels like a pretty common situation for dapples

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I personally kind of wish Nintendo would actually change existing kits in updates, especially when they add new specials. Either dualie with Reefslider would have probably been happy to replace their special with Triple Splashdown, and it would have enabled enperries to get Inkjet instead.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I personally kind of wish Nintendo would actually change existing kits in updates, especially when they add new specials. Either dualie with Reefslider would have probably been happy to replace their special with Triple Splashdown, and it would have enabled enperries to get Inkjet instead.
Good news! I actually gave Napples TSD and Enperries Inkjet!

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
if you mean tsd, then pls dear god no. i love naut, but I havent even three stared 79 because i hate tsd with it.
Nah no worries, if I removed TSD from gold, I’m not putting it on silver

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Rapid pro with chumps. It could use them from the range it likes to play from and it would combo very well with it if they ignore it.

This is probably one of the mains that would synergize with chumps the most

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Rapid pro with chumps. It could use them from the range it likes to play from and it would combo very well with it if they ignore it.

This is probably one of the mains that would synergize with chumps the most
Good idea! I gave Clash Neo screen so I have a spot for it

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I'm not sure about this one but maybe give blue pencil wave and a different sub? Wave would be super fun on it and allow it to play more aggressively. Supportive pencil is cool but idk if it's healthy for the game. Its two kits having wave and booyah would prevent it from becoming too passive.

If you think this is a good idea, what sub would you want on it? Would it be a good beacon weapon?

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I'm not sure about this one but maybe give blue pencil wave and a different sub? Wave would be super fun on it and allow it to play more aggressively. Supportive pencil is cool but idk if it's healthy for the game. Its two kits having wave and booyah would prevent it from becoming too passive.

If you think this is a good idea, what sub would you want on it? Would it be a good beacon weapon?
I still like Pencil as a weapon, and with range nerfs and more crab options, I think it’ll be okay so I’m keeping the cooler kit (it has 210 now). As for the red pencil, I actually swapped Booyah with Chumps, in part since I gave Liter Booyah but also I feel would be cool to give on a backline since Inkline bow now has strikes. I am actually okay with Pencil playing passively since unlike the other chargers, it’s not oneshotting from across the map while Liter and vcharger are much more aggressive. As for beakon options, until I figure out putting third kits, that is atm reserved to Ballpoint and Liter.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I still like Pencil as a weapon, and with range nerfs and more crab options, I think it’ll be okay so I’m keeping the cooler kit (it has 210 now). As for the red pencil, I actually swapped Booyah with Chumps, in part since I gave Liter Booyah but also I feel would be cool to give on a backline since Inkline bow now has strikes. I am actually okay with Pencil playing passively since unlike the other chargers, it’s not oneshotting from across the map while Liter and vcharger are much more aggressive. As for beakon options, until I figure out putting third kits, that is atm reserved to Ballpoint and Liter.
yes but it has two passive kits
an aggressive and a passive would be good.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Jet squelcher with dart.
I know burst kraken is a reference kit (I played it) but dart makes it a 2 shot so it combos even better

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
Jet squelcher with dart.
I know burst kraken is a reference kit (I played it) but dart makes it a 2 shot so it combos even better
Burst still makes it a twoshot… and I personally feel Blob actually fits a lot better with dart

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
H-3 burst cooler
You can't deny the synergy. H-3 desperately needs a movement tool and the burst combos would be amazing.
It might have to be 200p with the paint buff but that's okay

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
H-3 burst cooler
You can't deny the synergy. H-3 desperately needs a movement tool and the burst combos would be amazing.
It might have to be 200p with the paint buff but that's okay
I am in a bit of a pickle in that I have figured out a LOT of the kits as of now and sub distribution has been significantly altered due to it. I'm still keeping H-3 cooler but since L-3 already has burst and I currently have ten burst weapons with this overhaul, I'm not completely sure if it's the best idea. Plus, the paint and endlag buffs alone are probably going to make H-3 go hard with sensor, so while the kit is EXCELLENT, it doesn't really work for this overhaul

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I just noticed we joined SquidBoards on the exact same date

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I am in a bit of a pickle in that I have figured out a LOT of the kits as of now and sub distribution has been significantly altered due to it. I'm still keeping H-3 cooler but since L-3 already has burst and I currently have ten burst weapons with this overhaul, I'm not completely sure if it's the best idea. Plus, the paint and endlag buffs alone are probably going to make H-3 go hard with sensor, so while the kit is EXCELLENT, it doesn't really work for this overhaul
I'd help with this / give suggestions but you keep so much hidden :(
I can only see the 24 kits you posted until I figure out how to mod my switch

I just noticed we joined SquidBoards on the exact same date
A lot of people did. January 30 was basically revival day for squidboards.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I can only see the 24 kits you posted until I figure out how to mod my switch.
Fair point. I apologize for that. Here’s almost all the kits I adjusted
I can only see the 24 kits you posted until I figure out how to mod my switch
Fair. I need a second to get all the images though. Here’s what I got

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom