• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EastWest

Inkling
NNID
EastWest
Switch Friend Code
SW-3211-5108-2053
If you have over a thousand hours in the game and you DON’T have something that’s “perfect” or “pure” then you may be playing wrong. I have randomly rolled three subs perfectly multiple times.
Getting “pure” gear is especially easy with the honestly insane amount of chunks you can grind simply playing Salmon Run. Marry that with tickets that are just as easily obtainable, and you have a massive chance (relatively) to roll a specific ability.
I, too, am in the camp that believes it was not just gear that tripped the system.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
So, on the topic of patch 4.2.0 coming up {lel}, what do you people think will get nerfed and buffed? I saw some competitive players asking for a Charger nerf because Stingray spam, Dualies are still some of the best slayers, and Brellas (notably Tenta) are increasing in usage in Comp. And what do U want to change meta wise in Splatoon?

Cephalobro

I want the Dualie Squelchers nerfed in some way, as of right now. Both variants are way too good compared to other Dualies. The range on these are simply ridiculous when paired up with their current subs and specials. Also either increase ink consumption on the Clash Blaster, or decrease its damage output.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I want the Dualie Squelchers nerfed in some way, as of right now. Both variants are way too good compared to other Dualies. The range on these are simply ridiculous when paired up with their current subs and specials. Also either increase ink consumption on the Clash Blaster, or decrease its damage output.
I think decreasing rof by 10% would work for both of these.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
A slight nerf for sting ray is probably a good idea -- points to special, maybe. Overall, the meta is in a really good place right now. I kind of don't want anything to change. I'm happy with the balance. My hope is they don't overreact to anything.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i don't see why people hate the dualie squelchers? it's not a weapon that i always found annoying to deal with or anything unless you got to battle against 4 of them and your team has only short ranged weapons...this literally happend to me once and i hated that match >~>

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I really just hope we don't get a crap nerf like we did in 3.0 with the Sprinkler. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER NERF LIKE THAT. R.I.P. Sprinkler.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
i don't see why people hate the dualie squelchers? it's not a weapon that i always found annoying to deal with or anything unless you got to battle against 4 of them and your team has only short ranged weapons...this literally happend to me once and i hated that match >~>
Yah, same. Overall the weapon isn't screaming OP.

The only thing I can sort of say might be a bit too good is maybe its strafing speed and the roll ink consumption.

As far as strafing goes, it has much better strafing than the Splattershot Pro, both being a 24 frame splat with the same range. The only thing offsetting it is the Squelcher's worse accuracy outside of rolls. It's strafing honestly should be cut down a bit, maybe not quite to Pro tier but certainly less than it currently is.

And in regards to the roll consumption. It was comparatively fine when Splat Dualies still had their's at 6%, but now that is upped to 9%, it still having a 5% ink consumption is just off. The dodge roll on the Squelcher isn't even bad, it's pretty similar to the Splat Dualies. Should probably be nerfed to somewhere between 6%~8%.
(Even before they nerfed the Splat Dualies roll cost, I honestly thought the Dualie Squelcher's should've had the same 6% ink cost.)

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Something something cold-blooded actually useful something something.

As well as buffing the other forgettable abilities whose names I can't remember at the moment. *oof*

Also please let the toe-peel torpedo and stamp be good!

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
How much ink does the torpedo seem to use? It's hard to tell from what they've shown but it looks to me like its around 70%.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Something something cold-blooded actually useful something something.

As well as buffing the other forgettable abilities whose names I can't remember at the moment. *oof*

Also please let the toe-peel torpedo and stamp be good!
(But not too good.) If cold blooded made torpedo not as effective, that would be excellent.

Cephalobro

Now if Salmon Run gear changes mid-month to come with that stage, it would be a great thing. (I heard it happened once, though, I'm not sure)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pretty cool to still see a new SR stage even though the other modes are no longer getting new stages. I didn't expect it at this point.

Kits are okay I guess. I'm dissapointed that the Jr's third kit is this, though, since it's my go-to gear-upgrading weapon and it would be cool to have a third version to play of it. But Bubble Blower with randos is still completely unusable, so no thanks.

I'll get the other three then, I guess. Undercover with Ink Armor seems kind of interesting despite my dislike for that special, but I still have to learn how to play the Nozzlenose with anything other than the Wii U gamepad.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So here are the kits:

Kensa Splattershot Jr. - Torpedo Bomb Bubble Blower
Kensa Undercover Brella - Torpedo Bomb Ink Armour
Kensa L3 Nozzlenose - ? Stamp
Kensa Octobrush - ? Stamp

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Lessee here...

We're getting our first close ranged shooter with Bubble blower in the form of Jr along with the torpedo.

Undercover looks tantalizing with that white canopy and Ink armor on a 1v1 painting weapon may make it a good armor spam weapon...

Octobrush gets a reminiscent special of Kraken that is throwable so YES PLEASE NINTENDO, THANK YOU.

And L-3 has Splash wall, {doesn't make much sense in a mobile weapon} and Ultra stamp which, I feel, (from watching the footage) is better suited to a more melee range weapon. It's previous kits are also incredibly good with Curling bomb+Baller for emphasis on the weapon'' mobility and Burst bomb+Inkjet for a burst cancel, more aggressive playstyle.

I hope they also bring in new boss salmonids for the new specials like an Ultra sramp, Bubble Blower, and Booyah Bomb one? (How would that even work)

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Oh, we're getting a 3rd set for the Kensa collection? Can't say I was expecting that, though'd we jump into the Rockenberg set. Good to see the first wave is lasting longer, which probably means if we do get a Rockenberg set, it's be equally as large. Good.

L-3 is definitely the strangest kit out of all these. But L-3 is still a step the average shooter range so it can probably benefit from it to a degree.
Octobrush looks cool, its nice to actually have an aggressive bomb on it for once and the melee oriented Ultra Stamp seems a decent fit (just better no try to use it as a panic button since you're probably a sitting duck while it activates).
Jr and Undercover I'm intruded with, it all depends on how the Torpedo pans out. Cause the Torpedo seems capable to doing a lot of damage which can set up for Splats on these normally low damaging weapons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom