• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon: Octolings Vs Inklings (War RP IC)

Cephalobro

Coral: Be careful Clam, you're the only family I have left.

Clam: Don't worry about me.*Attacking the Inkling soldiers until they drop dead* Phew, that was tough, but we survived the onslaught.

Coral: *Grabs his Octoshot* Lets keep moving, this area is too dangerous. It's better to avoid being seen by both armies, the Crimson Octolings are still after us.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
After what seems to him like forever, Roe finally breaks topside. "I never knew how good it felt to have a sky over my head." His thoughts trail off, as he inks his way to higher ground to get a sense of what he's missed. "It's been quiet since that shockwave...", the corner of his lip turned downward in worry.

Ascending to a serviceable perch, Roe spies what was, until recently, a unit of inklings. He slips in, when he's sure the action is over, to gather the inkling id tags. "They wanted me to gather intel and scout... I guess casualty reports are intel." He grew a bit somber. Unwilling to leave his fellow inklings in such a state, he takes the time to move them into an adjoining building and cover them with whatever cloth or tarp he can find.

Cephalobro

Coral and Clam suddenly run by a group of Crimson Octolings.

Coral: Carp! I thought we would be safe if we went this way.

Clam: I'll make a sneak attack on them, so that we- *gets interrupted by a group of of Crimson Octolings finding them* Carp! *gets held down by the Crimson Octoling soldiers*

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
(oooh.. that's a pretty name for them.. the Crimson Octolings~ it also sounds delicious. lol)

The soldiers that Shade saw in his vision crowd around Ginger once she was within their view. It majorly consisted of Octolings, although there were some Inklings, Jellyfish (humanoid version), and Urchins sprinkled here and there. One, a female Inkling called Syrup, shakes Ginger in an attempt of trying to wake her up.

"602! 602! Please wake up!!", the Inkling exclaims.
As Syrup tries to wake up Ginger, an male Octoling looks at her Sloshing Machine and finds the tentacle remains. He then picks them up and puts them in a satchel that's around his waist.
As he does so, Ginger "wakes up" and shrieks, causing him to drop one.

"t..the.. Inklings..", she starts in a weary voice. "they have an Agent.. on their side.."

This triggered some worried looks amongst the soldiers and then one asks,
"what does this Agent look like?"
She replies,
"I.. couldn't get a clear look at him.. it happened so fast.. he knocked me out without a problem."

Syrup sighs and caresses Ginger's head,
"At least he didn't kill you.."
Another one, an Urchin, then starts giving everyone orders to search the area for surrounding clues that would show where said Agent went. Then he gives Syrup an order to take Ginger back to the base.
"Will do." Syrup replied and helped Ginger back, not before Ginger grabbed her Machine and the dropped tentacle.

'Hopefully I gave them enough time to flee..', she wished, looking back in the direction where they ran..

(Syrup isn't a major Character btw. She has no backstory. Just decided to give her a name.)

Agent 507

Inkling
His pace quickens as he quickly pulls himself and shade into the shadows to try and avoid being seen by the octarians now searching for them “Stay quiet...” he murmurs as he covers shades mouth.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Seeing that the octolings were crowding around Ginger, Shade knew he had to act fast. He quickly ducked around a corner with Agent and started forming the bomb. He poured his energy into the bomb, making sure to have a splash effect so it covered the ground and swept like a wave. He had little energy left, so he stopped forming it. It would do, but it wouldn't be great. He handed it to Agent and whispered " This is all I can do. It has a special property that will protect her and do the intended effect." He slumped against the wall. "I have no energy left. I must rest for a little." He says sighing and falling unconscious.

Sitting up, he sees Silas standing in front of him. "When will you learn brother?" He says shaking his head. "Trust NO ONE." Staring up at him, Shade replies sleepily. "You know he didn't do anything. I don't plan on staying with him or anything." Silas replies with a stern but worried voice. "Just...just be careful, alright? I don't want you getting hurt, or worse." "Yeah yeah I know." Shade says rolling his eyes. "Oh and those octoling? They are the special attack force of-guess who?-OGMO." Shade isn't able to say anything. "You need to be able to get away. If they catch you, you're done for. I will give you energy so you can return." Silas rests a hand on his shoulder and Shade wakes back up, but with glowing yellow eyes.

Cephalobro

(Yeah, I use the term "Crimson" to refer to the Octarians fighting the Inklings and to not confuse them with Ringed Octarians)

Clam: *Glares at the Crimson Octoling pinning him down* You will never farm soldiers out of us.

Coral: *Starts shooting his Octoshot, aiming at the Crimson Octolings* Leave my brother alone, you monsters!

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
As Roe wraps up his cleaning operation, the sound of nearby battle had not escaped him. He ties the squid IDs to his belt loop and races toward the commotion. It isn't far from the scene he had just finished clearing where he finds them. A number of crimson tentacle octarians closing in on a fixed position, focusing fire on some peculiar combatants.

"This is what you signed up for, man. No turning back", his internal pep-talk helps to bolster his courage. He tosses a sprinkler behind himself, better safe than sorry, and lets loose on the crimson back line. Roe weathers their counter shots with the hood of his brella, and fires the hood into their ranks to sow some chaos. Before long, he finds himself rolling behind cover, waiting for his ink tank to recharge.

Cephalobro

As Coral and Clam kept fighting the horde of Crimson Octolings, they noticed an older Inkling wielding a Brella on the other side. Moreover, this gave them the advantage since the Crimson Octolings now had to fight in two fronts.

Coral: Well, looks like we have some explaining to do after defeating these Octolings.

Clam: Let's hope he will let us off the hook, fighting for survival isn't easy at a time like this.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Roe leaves it to the others to draw attention during the hefty recharge times of his tank. As the ranks begin to break, he stops to recover his sprinkler.

Retaking a defensive position behind cover, Roe fires a few parting shots at the octarians before calling out, "Still fresh over there?" He thought it better to ensure safety before dispensing with formalities.

Cephalobro

Coral calls out: Yes, we're okay.
Meanwhile, Clam wraps his tentacle tip around an Octoling and throws her at another Octarian.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
“You look worried..?”, Syrup questions after studying Ginger’s lower face.

This makes the ends of Ginger’s octo tentacles curl tighter,
Is it that obvious??’

“A..Ah. It’s nothing.. I’m just tired! Like really.. and it’s so hard to see out of these goggles.. I really do have to squint every time I need to focus on an enemy..”, Ginger replies. “I just really do hope that they catch the Agent..”

“I hope so too...”, Syrup smiles. “So then we can do to him what he did to you!”

Agent 507

Inkling
He nodded, taking the bomb from shade and tossing it to wherever he needed to, using a small puddle of black ink to hide and watch the effects of the bomb “I hope she’ll be alright..” he mutters.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Not long after the bomb is thrown, it explodes and releases a wave of ink that’s harmful to the opposing Octarian team; covering everything in its way.

Everyone gets hit and turn into souls; automatically being sent back to the base. Everyone except Ginger.
Ginger was instead knocked over by the wave as it hit Syrup and, as it stands, is currently knocked out underneath the layer of ink...

Agent 507

Inkling
His eyes widen as he sees ginger became unconscious, holding his breath and rushing for her quickly, picking her up and taking her to where shade was “I thought you said the ink wouldn’t harm her!”

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"The ink didn't harm her, see?" He points to some open wounds and shows him the ink going inside. "Well actually yeah it did but in a moment, those will clean up and act as if nothing happened. But I must concentrate to make sure it does not cause...corruption." He sits down and begins drawing the symbol that will heal her. After all the ink is inside he begins to chant. He becomes the ink. And the ink becomes him.

What happens is not able to be described. All that is known is that it is a very dangerous process, but can do great things I find successful. In his words, it can corrupt, or it can heal. The destructivness of this ancient arcana power is very great.

From the outside, all that can be seen is a black light coming from the wounds. The wounds close and heal up, leaving no trace that they were ever there.

This process happens and the wounds close. He sends one last message throught the body.

"Awaken."

And they do.

Shade opens his eyes which have now returned to normal. He weakly smiles and looks at Ginger, which is also waking up.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Underneath her goggles, her eyes spring open and she looks around, focusing on the Agent and then Shade.

“Syrup..?”, she murmurs and franticly looks around again. “Where is she??”
Her voice wobbled as powder pink crystals started slowly falling out from underneath her goggles. She hopes she’s okay...

Noticing the ink that was shrouding her vision, she starts to wipe it off with the back of her gloves.
“Wh..what happened..??”

Last edited:

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
Roe pokes out of cover once the action has died down. With the octarians in retreat, he takes a more comfortable stance. "Well... Guess I got here just in time to prevent...!" He jumps as soon as he sees the two he's aided. Instinctively he pops in brella canopy to protect himself.

"This is getting too confusing too quickly. Why would the Octarian army attack it's own kind?" His mind spins a bit. Roe remembers the confusion when Marina first entered the scene. It does nothing to help him settle the missing pieces.

Cephalobro

Clam: Coral, get behind me.

Coral: Okay *gets behind Clam*

Clam: *looking at the Inkling in front of him* Now you might want to stop pointing that Brella at us, would it help if we told you our story?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
"The bomb exploded and it did a little bit of damage to you, but I healed it." Shade explains. "Syrup is back at the respawn place,wherever that is. But the important thing is, do you feel evil, or want to hurt someone or something?" He asks (THIS IS YOUR DECISION)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom