The Dead(er) Sea: Saltiest Catch

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I have had it with these stupid disconnects, sometimes there will be five in a row. It caused me drop a rank in salmon run and has put me on a time out three times. And I know my Internet is not busted. Tested it several times.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have had it with these stupid disconnects, sometimes there will be five in a row. It caused me drop a rank in salmon run and has put me on a time out three times. And I know my Internet is not busted. Tested it several times.
Are you wired or wireless? This is a common complaint with the wi-fi.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Since then I have restarted my switch and everything seems back to normal, for now...

ÇĦËF

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SW-4986-6175-120
I feel for you. Sounds like you maybe got stuck on Port Mackerel against someone with the missiles. In which case, I feel for you, because that map is insanely easy to blitz people on with them new reason to love it. I should know, because I did exactly that today, and the guy I wiped twice in a row with them sent me a friend request after the match. XD
It's also probably going to increase your sodium level to know that a Splatfest Tee with two Special Up subs is in existence and I - a tenta-missile addict - am wearing it. I'm not at all sorry.
That being said, I get that special because I'm maining the Dualies right now, and the Dualies are supposed to be a front-line shooter. Now that I'm getting the real hang of them and the new maps, I'm more of a mid-fielder, but that doesn't really put me much out of the main scrim these days, and finding a 'safe' place to set the special off can be a real pain. I've been splatted while aiming more times than I can remember, and actually getting people with the things is still a cause for celebration on my end. I like to think I'm getting better with them though. It's hard as heck to avoid pretty much anything if you're right in the middle of the action. My advice would be to be in that position less, which is entirely possible unless you're playing for-glory. If the tenta-missiles salt you up that much, do what I do when it comes to snipers - preemptive strike. You're more than welcome to target me if we ever meet up in Turf, I'll understand it's not personal =p
:3 thanks for the feels brochacho.
And Naw m8. I respect your decision; you're using a powerful special, and even if I personally don't like the special, it's in the game for a reason. So power to you my dude, keep on makin' it rain missiles!
And yeah... i main the carbon roller, so while i can get preemptive strikes for days, but almost anytime tenta missiles come onto the field, i'm always right smack dab in the middle of missiles.
And it's never personal bro, I try to keep the battlefield and home-turf salt separate. Hope to see you on the battlefield! : P

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
If players in the NoA region are going to adhere to some silly "meta" of blitzkrieg-the-middle, bumrush-their-base, and fight-fight-fight, the LEAST they can do is:
  • overstand you still have to ink turf
  • fight competently
  • overstand the concept of range
  • approach in something other than a straight line
  • overstand once you claim territory you actually have to hold it

SH101

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8123-4313-8823
By far my worst splatfest ever❗Currently 20-30 inthe last 50 matches. When we loose, i loose 8-10 power points and when we win i gain like 2. Doesnt matter wich weapon i use or what stage i'm on. My team is always buried deep in our own zone and can't get out. There is always tons of ketchup to paint over but the roller on my team pretty much only wants to paint in areas i'm already painting. One in every 3 or so matchrs is an auto loss 3v4. Can't even count the amount of times the entire other team has had me pinned in spawn with no possible way to get out while my teammates are off slowly painting small areas of turf that don't matter.....Yet I can't just turn off the game for some reason.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
By far my worst splatfest ever❗Currently 20-30 inthe last 50 matches. When we loose, i loose 8-10 power points and when we win i gain like 2. Doesnt matter wich weapon i use or what stage i'm on. My team is always buried deep in our own zone and can't get out. There is always tons of ketchup to paint over but the roller on my team pretty much only wants to paint in areas i'm already painting. One in every 3 or so matchrs is an auto loss 3v4. Can't even count the amount of times the entire other team has had me pinned in spawn with no possible way to get out while my teammates are off slowly painting small areas of turf that don't matter.....Yet I can't just turn off the game for some reason.
You bring up something that irks the hell out of me too...when someone will not get out of my butt! I lost count a long time ago how many times I have seen an enemy in the distance (mind you I am not the best combatant, so I rely on surprise and trapping to secure splats) and so I begin to stalk my prey, being well aware of my surroundings and where I wanna ink to get to my kill......but there is often some idiot following me, bouncing around like a coked out rabbit, getting the enemies attention long before I wanted to....then they run in like freaking rambo and get nuked, and now the enemy had seen me and the fight becomes more fair (which is bad for me) and I often get splatted too. Good job noisy, clingy dingus...you just gave them a double kill with your antics. GO AWAY...I do not want anyone joined at my hip or "helping" me. I function better as a lone wolf even in a team based game X'D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You bring up something that irks the hell out of me too...when someone will not get out of my butt! I lost count a long time ago how many times I have seen an enemy in the distance (mind you I am not the best combatant, so I rely on surprise and trapping to secure splats) and so I begin to stalk my prey, being well aware of my surroundings and where I wanna ink to get to my kill......but there is often some idiot following me, bouncing around like a coked out rabbit, getting the enemies attention long before I wanted to....then they run in like freaking rambo and get nuked, and now the enemy had seen me and the fight becomes more fair (which is bad for me) and I often get splatted too. Good job noisy, clingy dingus...you just gave them a double kill with your antics. GO AWAY...I do not want anyone joined at my hip or "helping" me. I function better as a lone wolf even in a team based game X'D
Following an ally can be a good support tactic. Thaaaaaaaaat's not how you do it :P

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Following an ally can be a good support tactic. Thaaaaaaaaat's not how you do it :p
Following an ally gets you BOTH murdered by an ambushing roller XD then its suddenly 2v4...then the 4 kill your two...then they're sitting by your spawn camping you into oblivion and MORE salt to bring to this thread XD

There is no RIGHT way to play this game...everyone has their style =P

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Salt sometimes come from unexpected angles: I am 1 match away from going King, but my Switch battery ran out. Naturally, we lost the last game for daring to have a team without the Tri-Slosher. So sad.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Dear Aerosprays...
As much crap as I give you all, I can appreciate you guys. But please do your job. Why did you just rush towards the center? You're supposed to be inking turf. You have a Slosher, a Hero Splatling, and an E-Liter, that's not enough to cover our entire half of the map. Now look what you've done, we're losing the match because you rushed the center, got splatted immediately, and we have no territory on OUR side of the map because the person with the best coverage just died without contributing anything. WHY do you think that is a good idea? STOP IT. STOP!!!! Oh my goooooooooooooood, PLEASE. You aren't a warrior, INK YOUR TURF. Imagine if an E-Liter stayed behind for the first half of the match inking turf instead of focusing on getting splats. Dear christ, I'm begging you, do the one job you're supposed to do.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Also, Ink Armor stacking is still the scummiest thing you can do in this game and I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who does it.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Good thing I could never make it work, then.

Now this, this is what happens when you're 12 months out of practice and use your free time to steal fish eggs instead of splatting squids. You get utterly brutalized for about two hours straight. I get that Splatfests are inherently more vicious than regular battles (and I wouldn't have 'em any other way), but Gaw Dang does this go to show how rusty I am.

I need a break from this game, it's far too aggravating right now. Maybe a little Mario Kart will help soak up the salt a bit.
...;þ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom